Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 What a let down
03-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Every episode has been really well done. Until this one. What a disaster.

I really enjoyed every previous installment of cloaked intentions, even replayed a couple.

This one, i quit at half way because the whole mission design is really poor.

So i have to ask, after the really successful previous installments, how could you make such a big mistake with this one?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Yes, im aware the one-eyed, tunnel visioned cryptic/sto fans will not see fault in this mission or any other part of the game, but i am talking about mission quality overall in comparison to all previous. I dont have the blind faith that you guys seem to have, which gives me the ability to see things as they really are. The ''I really enjoyed this'' replies have zero purpose nor does it provide insight or further the discussion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-06-2011, 02:24 PM
What did you find poor about it? It's hard to hold a discussion if you don't provide talking points.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veotax View Post
What did you find poor about it? It's hard to hold a discussion if you don't provide talking points.
This. List which SPECIFIC aspects of the mission you did not like, and then we can have a discussion. Until then, your post has no value.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-06-2011, 02:25 PM
My troll-o-meter just spiked...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
My troll-o-meter just spiked...
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=203540
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseno4 View Post
Yes, im aware the one-eyed, tunnel visioned cryptic/sto fans will not see fault in this mission or any other part of the game, but i am talking about mission quality overall in comparison to all previous. I dont have the blind faith that you guys seem to have, which gives me the ability to see things as they really are. The ''I really enjoyed this'' replies have zero purpose nor does it provide insight or further the discussion.
Taste is subjective.

You don't see things "as they really are." You see things the way you want to and are prone to just like everyone else.

It's incredibly egotistical (and insulting) to suggest otherwise as though you are some supreme authority (and thus devaluing the opinions of everyone who disagrees with you out of hand), and to be frank, you've given no sign of anything that warrants that. Hell, you haven't even given a reason for disliking it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-06-2011, 02:27 PM
And...? I said nothing worse than the OP did in its second post.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
And...? I said nothing worse than the OP did in its second post.
What other people do has nothing to do with whether you get in trouble or not:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...00#post3376800
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Personally I found the latest mission very well written with a compelling map that I wanted to explore instead of just running through to the next objective. I found it a nice touch in that when you cleared a mob it would respawn by the time you climbed a few levels adding to the feel that this was serious battle not 2 small patrols bumping into each other. I felt caught in between two factions fighting for supremacy.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:23 PM.