Lt. Commander
# 11
03-07-2011, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
I thought it's a tatoo... then I gain I play on lower details. Also, Hakeev is bald - that is a JJ thing...
Thats because he is the love child of Shinzon and a Romulan female....
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-07-2011, 04:29 AM
Why is he about half a meter taller than other Romulans? Why does he have a head structure (if you look at him from head on) like a Reman?

His brow is also heavier than the average Romulan and that gravelly voice carried the Reman impression too.

I just thought the devs were trying to be ironic by suggesting he had Reman ancestry in his blood. From around the time the Romulans arrived on Romulus from Vulcan or something.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-07-2011, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
JJ look did not have the head ridge. hakeev does.

jj has tattoos and hakev does not - (that stuff on the side of his head appears to be a borg implant, which im kind of annoyed they did not flesh out his back story)
Yeah, I agree Hakeev wasnt as fleshed out as Obseik. That said the last dialogue from Hakeev was better than his previous ones. He even makes a comment about the Borg in reference to the Iconians. "As the Borg would say, "Resistane is ... futile." " That was a profound statement coming from a liberated Borg as Hakeev seems to be. It could also explain so much of his motivation.

Having been assimulated by the Borg, Hakeev probably doesnt want to become a slave to the Iconians. I am sure he values his freedom above all else. Hence his willingness to help the Iconians and make a place of power for himself. As Krestel said, "Better to rule in hell than serve in heaven". In the end, Hakeev's character did become less one-dimensional.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-07-2011, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTrott View Post
Yeah, I agree Hakeev wasnt as fleshed out as Obseik. That said the last dialogue from Hakeev was better than his previous ones. He even makes a comment about the Borg in reference to the Iconians. "As the Borg would say, "Resistane is ... futile." " That was a profound statement coming from a liberated Borg as Hakeev seems to be. It could also explain so much of his motivation.

Having been assimulated by the Borg, Hakeev probably doesnt want to become a slave to the Iconians. I am sure he values his freedom above all else. Hence his willingness to help the Iconians and make a place of power for himself. As Krestel said, "Better to rule in hell than serve in heaven". In the end, Hakeev's character did become less one-dimensional.
Well... the question is, whether that was really the author's intention, or if he/she wanted to just add a badass comment to his generally flat persona.

Hakeev could have been a really cool bad guy. Driven by his inner demons and memories of being assimilated (then again, the stuff on his face CAN be just some kind of medical/combat implant, not all implants are Borg after all), he could have been pushed over the edge.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-07-2011, 05:02 AM
Quote:

i also liked that line. perhaps being a borg made him realise that there are races that could sweep aside the entire quadrant and he wants to save the romulans at any cost. its also possible he saw the iconians as the perfect weapon to destroy the borg and have his revenge.

or perhaps being a former borg gave him a sense of power and scope that he lost when he was liberated and now wants it back, and the iconians offer him that power.

i guess we also have the possiility tha the iconians could bring him back somehow. we dont know their technology level or abilities. perhaps cloning or-animating the dead is within thier power.

i know its not easy to flesh characters out in just five episodes but i think there is potential for more.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Hakeev's death was over dramatized considering he was barely developed as an antagonist. He needed more background and involvement since his death meant nothing to me. Sela's intro and departure was far cooler!
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
It's the new "JJ Abrams" Romulan look. I cannot post what I think of the "new" Star Trek, I'd have to get really really rude.
I think you would be very mild in your opinion compared to me.

and that hakeev fool (seriously how did he ever get in the Tal'shiar he is dumber than my backside) is a Romulan alright and not reman looking.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-07-2011, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
I think you would be very mild in your opinion compared to me.

and that hakeev fool (seriously how did he ever get in the Tal'shiar he is dumber than my backside) is a Romulan alright and not reman looking.
What, didn't you like straight-outta-puberty teenage Kirk?
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Quote:

IMHO .. you're kinda on to something here ! Let's ask a few questions along those lines:

1. What do we really KNOW about the Iconians (both canon and soft canon). Somethings can be as a result of conjecture .. I'm not suggesting thta we stick to STRICT interpretation of those things we know ... BUT simply look at those items as a guideline. IMHO Cryptic is doing a really nice job of taking that information and projecting it to an interesting twist for their story line.

2. Do we know for certain what the ENTIRE back ground is behind the story of Hakeev ??? The obvious answer is ... NO .. we do not. IMHO this works to the writers advantage. This can definately set the stage for the next encounter with whom ever, or what ever, is behind this.

3. Altered charactor ?? IMHO this is "possible". The observations by everyone here has unqestionably raised some good qustions: as well as it should. Also: Was Sela taken ?? or go willingly with the dissapearing ship at the end ?? IMHO that raises yet another question:

4. Why ?? To prevent the discovery of something ?? Maybe ? ( Cryptic: well played BTW ... )

5. Hakeevs uneventful death ?? Seemed a bit well ... dead ... almost pointless. TOO QUIET !

6. What else was on the PADD ?? There's bound to be something?

7. Missing one more element ?? Perhaps. While the Iconians were unquestionably very powerful .. and perhaps "dark", there still seems to be something missing ?? (hense my first question to help narrow down the possibilities) ..

IMHO there is still a lot of mystery around this. It's well done ! Personally I would not be surprised if the Borg had not came in contact with Iconians or at least a distant portal and managed to assimilate it ... The Borg would be the one group with the conquest of everyrthing as a part of their agenda that would use this to their advantage. .. BUT that still does not explain the desire to wipe out the Remans .. IMHO the Iconians, the Borg .. and a MISSING 3rd element is key to this story.

The game is afoot !! I really like this story thus far. IMHO it would be a LOT OF FUN getting to the bottom of this as long as it was not another "fight the Borg" conclusion.

Cryptic: excellent story thus far. I find the story as much fun (if not MORE) that the game it self. IMHO this is a really nice step to the content we've been looking for.