Lt. Commander
# 111
03-08-2011, 04:34 AM
500 emblems is too steep for unlocking a ship on a single character but if it unlocked the ship account-wide, this would be reasonable.
Lt. Commander
# 112
03-08-2011, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CX7 View Post
500 emblems is too steep for unlocking a ship on a single character but if it unlocked the ship account-wide, this would be reasonable.
This wouldnt be soo bad, only in the respect that when you buy it in the C-store.......it opens it account wide....so why not this?...unless it does this already..then nevermind...(i bought everything in the C-store......yea...im that guy......)
Lt. Commander
# 113
03-08-2011, 04:40 AM
I will probably get shot for this but scouting for that elusive Peko-Peko Albatross for WEEKS in Star Wars Galaxies made the victory just that much sweeter. I spent ages on it, and i got it. Took me a while but i loved every second.

I like grinding and wasting my time. This MMO is very story driven, you can level to the max through the entire story. That is a brilliant feature of it. But for the people that want to stick it out the long haul (i mean set up a tent), the option to wouldn't go amiss.
Lt. Commander
# 114
03-08-2011, 04:47 AM
or just dont buy stuff from the store. other then the 500 points i got when i started the game they where free. i whont go dumping my money into buying things from there. unless of course the game whent f2p. it just seems to me cryptic cant seem figure out what direction there gonna take the game keep it payed or go free.
Lt. Commander
# 115
03-08-2011, 05:15 AM
OK when people say you can get 500 emblems in a month they really mean doing the same dailies 5 days a week. That's arduous at best torture at worst. I agree emblems need to be secondary to paying via the C-store but seriously, right now as a person who works, has a GF and other commitments getting 500 emblems isn't an option.

Btran
Defari
PvP
Fleet action

(I've just found out that there are Devidian dailies - where?)

OK that's gonna take me 3-4hrs. 5 days a work, give or take....
Lt. Commander
# 116
03-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondaddyd View Post
OK when people say you can get 500 emblems in a month they really mean doing the same dailies 5 days a week. That's arduous at best torture at worst. I agree emblems need to be secondary to paying via the C-store but seriously, right now as a person who works, has a GF and other commitments getting 500 emblems isn't an option.

Btran
Defari
PvP
Fleet action

(I've just found out that there are Devidian dailies - where?)

OK that's gonna take me 3-4hrs. 5 days a work, give or take....
This is why i bought everything in the cstore.........i dont have the time to sit and rub antiburn/itch cream into my hind quarters cause i want something emblem wise other than in game weps and equip...or the usual.

I figure wth its only money right? If thats an issue however.....I can see where the whole grind issue would be a little iffy. only really considering other MMO's that Ive played....500 isnt that bad.......perhaps a thrid option to obtain the goodies?
Lt. Commander
# 117
03-08-2011, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
I've spent weeks searching for hard to find items in old games like GemStone or Dragon Realms. I literally spent months camping this really old cyclops in an early MMO so I could take something only he would drop, and trade it in for a pair of boots that would let me run fast. I've also spent inordinately large amounts of time going on raids so I could get the best gear available for my class, just to have someone who showed up for the raid the first time ever win the roll for an item I still needed.
Wow, that brings back memories...

"SAND GIANT, TRAIN TO ZONE", followed by the hard decision of whether to go jump in the water and hope you wouldn't get followed all the way out to "drown" depth, zone south and possibly get ganked by Zorn, or go north and run into irritated spirits who could suck levels away from you.
Lt. Commander
# 118
03-08-2011, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk
How many emblems can we get a day now 15?

So, 500/15 is 33 days of striaght emblem grinding.

How long does it take to get those emblems on average?

4-5 Hours of playing.

So that equates to 132 - 165 hrs of gameplay....
4 to 5 hours?
  • Vice Admiral B'Tran yields 4 Emblems and can be done in a few minutes (just take the "scan 5" missions). You can also run the regular B'Tran exploration mission (doing the same 5 scan) and convert the Marks of Exploration to Emblems. Last I checked, it was a 1 to 1 ratio, so you would earn another 5 Emblems there.
  • Aiding the Deferi dailies yields 5 emblems and can be completed in well under an hour.
  • Eta Eridani yields anywhere from 1 to 6 Emblems.
  • Most all Fleet Actions can be completed in under an hour, and those each yield 3.

Not including Fleet Actions, a player can earn those 15+ Emblems doing the B'Tran, Deferi and Eta Eridani missions in about 2 hours per day.
Lt. Commander
# 119
03-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
4 to 5 hours?
  • Vice Admiral B'Tran yields 4 Emblems and can be done in a few minutes (just take the "scan 5" missions). You can also run the regular B'Tran exploration mission (doing the same 5 scan) and convert the Marks of Exploration to Emblems. Last I checked, it was a 1 to 1 ratio, so you would earn another 5 Emblems there.
  • Aiding the Deferi dailies yields 5 emblems and can be completed in well under an hour.
  • Eta Eridani yields anywhere from 1 to 6 Emblems.
  • Most all Fleet Actions can be completed in under an hour, and those each yield 3.

Not including Fleet Actions, a player can earn those 15+ Emblems doing the B'Tran, Deferi and Eta Eridani missions in about 2 hours per day.
Realistically....more like 3 and a half
Lt. Commander
# 120
03-08-2011, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CX7 View Post
I agree. This is what it should do.
Closed Thread