Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
03-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxsa
is the nebula in that list for a free token?! not sure here thats why i ask.
I believe so, because I had one on a Sci of mine and I don't believe I bought it at the C-store.

So, instead of paying 1200 Cryptic points per ship, you can, in theory at least, pay 850 points for 4 character slots, level the alts, and get four ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
03-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
I want to see people reaction, if cryptic was going to release for only 500 emblems, no c-store, no quest just emblems... people would be more outraged then now...

And again, 500 emblems is grindable in approx 1 month. Possible also for casuals? nope not really, but in what game people get topend gear without investing any time at all.

It like people in wow would demand to get frostmourne in less then a month...

People need to realize, that ships are also equpiment, basically they are your armor set and if you put that in that perspective the howl system becomes crystal clear.

You get your basic armor (EC optainable on different tiers), you get your level-cap reward armor, and you have your uncommon armor grindable through emblems/marks.


well here we have it, the biggest apologist in the game as of now. (there has been worse). guy, ships are needed to do anything in the game. ships should be released in the game and maybe new skins (like when the game launched) would be fine in the c store... if there was no c store, u know as well as i, that cryptic would set the price at somewhere between 100 emblems and a 150 emblems...

this games primary audience is the casual player. when you take on something like the star trek franchise, more than half of the fans are somewhere between 28-and 60 something, maybe even older. they marketed this game to that genre, and unfortunatly for you who seems to like to torture youruself, most people of that age have work, and familys. as ive stated to you b4, not all of us are basement virgins who do nothing but sit on the internet all day every day.

its not like demanding frostmourne, frostmourne is a piece of equipment, so if you take your argument, we should have rarer "loot" drops and craftable that would equal out to about the same... remember its not about the ship, but more about the equipoment you put on that ship, and i for one feel that getting the borg set and the aegis set is way too easy, those are the things that you shold have to grind for, and that would make it possible for someone who is a "casual" player to at least be able to play their favorite ship, maybe they wont have uber weapons or shields or other equipment, but they could be the excelsior, or the defient, or what not, and still be able to enjoy content.... emblems should not be for ships, they should be for equipment... u are dead wrong about the ship being a peice of equipoment, as you cannot play the game without a ship... the ship is ur character in space and that is not up for debate. no ship, no star trek, cause you couldnt do any mission without it....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
03-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Game changing and change the game aren't really usually considered the same thing, and either way I didn't mean them the same way. None of those items, or the lack thereof, will make one player signigicantly more able to play the game than any other, thus they are not "game changing".
Well, therein lies the confusion. If you consider 'game-changing' solely to be a 'significant mechanical advantage', then yes, you have a point (although the case could be made that ships such as the Excelsior or the new Prometheus have /just/ such an advantage, since none of the easily-available ships have BO layouts that permit a Commander and a Lt. Commander of a different speciality).

However, I think 'game-changing' is just as validly interpreted as 'changing the nature of the game' - these ships /play/ differently. They are - essentially - a new 'class'. They are new 'content' and they are very much part of the game. And we are being charged excessively for them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
03-07-2011, 02:12 PM
I would agree with the OP if it were not so easy to earn Emblems. The average, casual player can earn 15+ Emblems a day.

You can either pay around $15 in the C-Store and get the ship immediately or you can spend about 1 months time (which it just so happens is a $15 sub fee) to earn the Emblems in game.

If you want the 500 Emblem price reduced, then the C-Store price needs to be reduced to match.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
03-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneArac
Well, therein lies the confusion. If you consider 'game-changing' solely to be a 'significant mechanical advantage', then yes, you have a point (although the case could be made that ships such as the Excelsior or the new Prometheus have /just/ such an advantage, since none of the easily-available ships have BO layouts that permit a Commander and a Lt. Commander of a different speciality).

However, I think 'game-changing' is just as validly interpreted as 'changing the nature of the game' - these ships /play/ differently. They are - essentially - a new 'class'. They are new 'content' and they are very much part of the game. And we are being charged excessively for them.
try thinking of game changing two ways, yes mechanically, these ships can give you an advantage, ie, the nebula can detect cloaked ships, they give you a boff layout that in some cases might give you an advantage, depending on the player and the build. also, some of them give unique options as well, as far as buffs, and turning radious, or the ability to have a universal boff slot... these are all things that i see as game changing.. think of it as having a little extra horsepower in a drag race, or having the more acurate gun in a shooting contest...

also, game changing can mean something different for people. i myself might only be able to afford to pay the monthly subscript, (which i do purchase off the c store, so this isnt about me, but a scenario) and cant afford to purchase c store items... you work all day, come home to a wife and a few kids, and you only have a few hourus to play a night... now say i grew up loving the ambassoder class. it gets released to the c store, and i cant afford to buy it, and i dont have the time to grind emblems, it would take someone who can only play 3 nights a week well over 6 months to a year to get enouph emblems to purchase it... so now cryptic is telling this person that they cannot play the ship they love dearly... this would cause some people to quit the game (out of frustration). 200 emblems is still steep, but not so impossible... what i think happened was cryptic set the price, and since no one had anything to do for so long, they stock piled them, and no one has been spending money on the c store for these ships, so instead of looking at it as "wow, we screwed up by not having content, and not having anouph things to spend emblems on" they said, "well crap, we need to up the emblem cost to make sure this doesnt happend again....

i mean put mk12 stuff in the game and emblems will get spent, cryptic/atari needs to stop being lazy and just get it done.... there was a thousand other ways to get around the emblem problem, but they took the easiest and the one that took the least work....

ill say again, how are they ever going to be able to create the first expansion when they cant even keep up the the promises they are not keeping in the now...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
03-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Game changing and change the game aren't really usually considered the same thing, and either way I didn't mean them the same way. None of those items, or the lack thereof, will make one player signigicantly more able to play the game than any other, thus they are not "game changing".

Edit: You pay a monthly fee because they charge a monthly fee to access the game. Whatever that comes with is what you get for free with that subscription. Fine if you wish to nit-pick and say that it's thus not free; but if it's available in game, it cost nothing extra (usuallly aka...free).
Sir on what moon are you born! so by your definition extra resist or extra damage is not "game changing"? or the extra Xp boost do not change the game? what about the ships Galaxy x with now extra weapon slot or the excelcior with transwarp do not change the game?!
what about your statement "Game changing and change the game" is not the same ?! dude your on drugs right?
and if you want to go technical things you buy from the c-store are cheaper then wen you grind for it !! takes lots of time to get the emblems and in the long run you payed more for it (ok ok there is a small amount in there to get access to the game ok your right about that) but time you spent on farming is no time having fun or doing stf's or pvp.

ehm can i ask you one more thing, does your mom or dad pay for your game and c-store items or maybe your rich and don't know the value of money?! not judging but if of this is true then i understand you.
this will be the last reply i'll make about this before the rage goes to far "if it is not already gone to far".
i'll be the smarter one and i will just shut my pie-hole from now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneArac
To the best of my knowledge, no. Only the Defiant, Intrepid and Galaxy Retrofits are presently available for the free VA token. The Nebula and Excelsior are not, and the Prometheus MVAM will not be.
ah thanks rest my case :p so there is no way to get the nebula or excelsior or even the galaxy x true free tokens ... "not complaining about this just checking" btw i have all of them, oh wait the galaxy x i don't have "yet". :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
03-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
I would agree with the OP if it were not so easy to earn Emblems. The average, casual player can earn 15+ Emblems a day.

You can either pay around $15 in the C-Store and get the ship immediately or you can spend about 1 months time (which it just so happens is a $15 sub fee) to earn the Emblems in game.

If you want the 500 Emblem price reduced, then the C-Store price needs to be reduced to match.
ummm, the emblem price went up, without the price in the c store changing, so i dont see how your argument holds water... if i was to buy everything that they are going to release in the c store, this is what it equals, a months worth of gas, a months worth of food, the insurance cost of my car, more than i would have spent on wow in two years.

this game is a very expensive game and its not even complete.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
03-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneArac
Well, therein lies the confusion. If you consider 'game-changing' solely to be a 'significant mechanical advantage', then yes, you have a point (although the case could be made that ships such as the Excelsior or the new Prometheus have /just/ such an advantage, since none of the easily-available ships have BO layouts that permit a Commander and a Lt. Commander of a different speciality).

However, I think 'game-changing' is just as validly interpreted as 'changing the nature of the game' - these ships /play/ differently. They are - essentially - a new 'class'. They are new 'content' and they are very much part of the game. And we are being charged excessively for them.
But, it really doesn't matter in the end because Cryptic decided that rather than have to deal with this argument at all they just made everything (except the Galaxy-X for good reasons) available through in game methods. Doesn't stop people who just like complaining about everything though. Go figure.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
03-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
But, it really doesn't matter in the end because Cryptic decided that rather than have to deal with this argument at all they just made everything (except the Galaxy-X for good reasons) available through in game methods. Doesn't stop people who just like complaining about everything though. Go figure.
arguments and discussing the hot topics are what leads to change... are you saying, that you wouldnt be happy if they dropped the emblem cost back to what it was, or even stopped putting game changing content in the c store... u people who are trying to defend the c store seem to like to spend money. i mean when you go to get a cup of coffee, do you ask if they can charge you xtra just for s and giggles. does it make you guys feel bigger that you pay xtra for things....

we are not complaining, but mearly voicing our concearns.. this is a buiseness, we are the consumers.. if the only people who were in the game were people like you, there would be maybe a couple of hundred people in the game... alot, and i mean alot of people are very unhappy with this game.. for every 1 person i see who defends the game and its wallet crushing ways, there are ten people aposing it....

im not trying to personally attack you, just using you as the esample. its crazy to me that anyone would go against anyone trying to change the game for the better. if i were someone who didnt mind the current pricing, id sit back and see what happens, cause i wouldnt mind if pricing came down... you cryptic "fan boys" make my head hurt....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
03-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxsa
Sir on what moon are you born! so by your definition extra resist or extra damage is not "game changing"? or the extra Xp boost do not change the game? what about the ships Galaxy x with now extra weapon slot or the excelcior with transwarp do not change the game?!
what about your statement "Game changing and change the game" is not the same ?! dude your on drugs right?
and if you want to go technical things you buy from the c-store are cheaper then wen you grind for it !! takes lots of time to get the emblems and in the long run you payed more for it (ok ok there is a small amount in there to get access to the game ok your right about that) but time you spent on farming is no time having fun or doing stf's or pvp.

ehm can i ask you one more thing, does your mom or dad pay for your game and c-store items or maybe your rich and don't know the value of money?! not judging but if of this is true then i understand you.
this will be the last reply i'll make about this before the rage goes to far "if it is not already gone to far".
i'll be the smarter one and i will just shut my pie-hole from now.
With this post, I'd say you already gave up on the real argument by resorting to whatever this was. I would just say that I support myself and I'm not rich (although I'm not sure when that became a bad thing), but are we to assume that you are poor? And if that's the case it's too bad, but it's hardly a fair reason that Cryptic should lower the price of items they have spent considerable time developing.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:06 PM.