Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
03-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
But, it really doesn't matter in the end because Cryptic decided that rather than have to deal with this argument at all they just made everything (except the Galaxy-X for good reasons) available through in game methods. Doesn't stop people who just like complaining about everything though. Go figure.
I assure you I /don't/ like complaining, but my opinion has changed on seeing the way Cryptic have operated the C-store and their business. At first I was all for it, then I was 'meh', but the addition of the MVAM Prometheus is the final straw.

I've addressed 'available in game' numerous times, and I can only ask again: When does the emblem cost become so unreasonable to you that it no longer qualifies as 'available in game'? 1000 emblems? 10000? Would you say a cost of a million emblems still satisfied the letter of 'available in game' and be happy with that?

500 is already /well/ past the point of acceptability for me given the nature of the rewards.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
03-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putnam
arguments and discussing the hot topics are what leads to change... are you saying, that you wouldnt be happy if they dropped the emblem cost back to what it was, or even stopped putting game changing content in the c store... u people who are trying to defend the c store seem to like to spend money. i mean when you go to get a cup of coffee, do you ask if they can charge you xtra just for s and giggles. does it make you guys feel bigger that you pay xtra for things....

we are not complaining, but mearly voicing our concearns.. this is a buiseness, we are the consumers.. if the only people who were in the game were people like you, there would be maybe a couple of hundred people in the game... alot, and i mean alot of people are very unhappy with this game.. for every 1 person i see who defends the game and its wallet crushing ways, there are ten people aposing it....

im not trying to personally attack you, just using you as the esample. its crazy to me that anyone would go against anyone trying to change the game for the better. if i were someone who didnt mind the current pricing, id sit back and see what happens, cause i wouldnt mind if pricing came down... you cryptic "fan boys" make my head hurt....
The problem is your premise is flawed. You assume that these items with be added to the game regardless. There is no basis for that assumption. If they can't charge what they are, they may just not add them. I assume they are smart and are charging a price at which they maximize their revenue. Why would they do anything else.

Now I assume that when they say that the only way they can justify the time for these special player requested items is by putting the in the C-Store, i believe them because I have no reason not to. I further believe that it's possible that without them being able to do, they would very like not add these items to the game, or at least not as soon.

And, so while you may be right, I see no reason to take that risk for a lowering of an already insignificant price. So as I see it you are trying to harm the game by complaining against something that is good...more and more items in the C-Store at whatever price Cryptic feels is necessary to put them in. So please stop.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
03-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
With this post, I'd say you already gave up on the real argument by resorting to whatever this was. I would just say that I support myself and I'm not rich (although I'm not sure when that became a bad thing), but are we to assume that you are poor? And if that's the case it's too bad, but it's hardly a fair reason that Cryptic should lower the price of items they have spent considerable time developing.
hehe ok i said i was not gonna reply anymore :p guess i was wrong my self!
No i'm not poor (have almost all c-store items) and if you happen to be rich that is not a bad thing, it is just that i can understand that you don't have a real value of money sense!
i do apologize if i offended you in any way "was not my intent and wen i'm in fury i go crazy hence my reply before" sorry.
and developing time that cryptic put in is part payed by the monthly fee won't you say? probably not but that aside. i don't ask that the prize of c-store items goes down, just the emblems you have to remember one major thing C-store items is for all your chars on the account, emblem item is for that char only ... get it now, see why we are .. complaining?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
03-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
The problem is your premise is flawed. You assume that these items with be added to the game regardless. There is no basis for that assumption. If they can't charge what they are, they may just not add them. I assume they are smart and are charging a price at which they maximize their revenue. Why would they do anything else.

Now I assume that when they say that the only way they can justify the time for these special player requested items is by putting the in the C-Store, i believe them because I have no reason not to. I further believe that it's possible that without them being able to do, they would very like not add these items to the game, or at least not as soon.

And, so while you may be right, I see no reason to take that risk for a lowering of an already insignificant price. So as I see it you are trying to harm the game by complaining against something that is good...more and more items in the C-Store at whatever price Cryptic feels is necessary to put them in. So please stop.
this is star trek online, of course iconic ships are going to be put in the game. as d stahl has said, the c store mearly made them come a little faster... i could do without open jackets and tos stuff. u thinking that they would not put iconic things in the game is flawed... they said a billion times when they were first talking about the game and promoting it that this game was going to be as closest star trek game to canon, and that all the iconic things would be in it. and blah blah blah blah... so you stop sir and smell the coffee...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
03-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Quote:
And if that's the case it's too bad, but it's hardly a fair reason that Cryptic should lower the price of items they have spent considerable time developing.
I've no doubt they did, but I reiterate: I don't believe for a flat second they spent enough time to justify a $15 price tag. Entire games that involve dozens of people working for a year or more retail for a mere three times that amount.

I don't think anyone here is asking for anything for free: We're already paying Cryptic to provide us with a game to play, and I think the complaints would be a lot less justified if the cost for these additions was /not/ so outrageous... but ultimately it /is/ extortionate, and there's a good /many/ reasons why a company might not want to extort their customers regardless of how much money it makes them, ranging from maintaining goodwill to just good old ethical business practice.

So ultimately, yes, you're right, Cryptic are free to charge what they like and seek out money in any way possible. Likewise, as customers, we're allowed to come here and voice our disgust at being fleeced, and inform Cryptic that these practices are harming their image as a company in our eyes and making us far, far less likely to want to support them in future.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
03-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putnam
ummm, the emblem price went up, without the price in the c store changing, so i dont see how your argument holds water...
Yes, Emblem cost was changed to roughly equate to a months subscription fee (eg. around 30 days to farm 500 emblems). If they were to lower the Emblem cost now, they would need to lower the C-Store price. That is how it "holds water" and this is why it is not going to happen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
03-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
Yes, Emblem cost was changed to roughly equate to a months subscription fee (eg. around 30 days to farm 500 emblems). If they were to lower the Emblem cost now, they would need to lower the C-Store price. That is how it "holds water" and this is why it is not going to happen.
^ This

I don't mind buying ships from the C-Store. I spend more on beer in a week.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
03-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazumaKat
I had about 200 something emblems when Cryptic increased the Emblem cost to 500 for those ships.

Since then I have not grinded emblems since. It was a bad move then, its still a bad move now.
I'm sorry, I must have missed when they increased the Emblem price required to purchase ANY ship.

If you're referring to the Nebula, its Marks of Exploration, and it was needed because it was literally the ONLY one that had a different price - despite it costing exactly the same via the Cstore.

But aside from that, all the ships available for emblems have always been 500. No change there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
03-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Its not that bad..

You can get 18+ Emblems daily (more if KDF).

Daily PvP : 3 emblems
Daily FA : 3 Emblems
Daily Exploration (B'tran 3+1) : 4 emblems
Daily Deferi : 5 Emblems
Daily Devidian : 3 Emblems (+3 every 5 days or so)

500 / 18 and you end up at 28 days

I pay 138.50 DKr (equal to about 26 USD) for 2000 CPoints (Atari Tokens)

How much playtime do you get for that kinda money? Around 2 months worth I suppose (to lazy to check), which means you can skip half of the dailies and still break even with someone that pay for it..

And its not like the dailies take a loooooong time to do
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
03-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
And its not like the dailies take a loooooong time to do
If you can do all that - 18 emblerms - in less than 2 hours you're a better person than I. Probably longer.

So the /best case scenario/ is an entire month, every day, for 2 hours a day. That's not fun, that's /work/. And that assumes you're capable of that: If you break that up so it ceases being such a chore, you're looking at 3 months or more.

Not. Reasonable.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:46 PM.