Lt. Commander
I don't know if anyone cares, but I found a link on CNN today about William Shatner making a call to the space shuttle Discovery crew. I thought I would share the link here, just in case anyone wanted to see it.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/07/nas...ex.html?hpt=T2

Shatner is still "The Man"

Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Funny. I just read about this and came straight here to report.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Man, If I was there... I woulda wanted it as read by Spock either circa TWoK or even the Prime Spock of the 09' Trek, despite sounding decidedly his age (sadface).

Shatner may be cool and all, what with his making a single sentence take a full minute to deliver....

But Nemoy has the voice, the quiet dignity that just yells "I am the smartest one here"
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by President_Shinzon View Post
Man, If I was there... I woulda wanted it as read by Spock either circa TWoK or even the Prime Spock of the 09' Trek, despite sounding decidedly his age (sadface).

Shatner may be cool and all, what with his making a single sentence take a full minute to deliver....

But Nemoy has the voice, the quiet dignity that just yells "I am the smartest one here"
Yeah, Shatner actually sounds a little out of breath...
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Shatner calls Discovery? It's kind of like talking to the U.S. President about the NFL player lockout.

"Let's hope I don't have to intervene."

Who cares dude, do your job.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-07-2011, 10:09 AM
THAT was epic. I think I would have come close to wetting myself if they woke me up to that on Discovery's final voyage. What a memory.

I want a Discovery diecast model, on a stand that has a button that plays THAT message from Captain Kirk. THAT would be a sweet toy.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2011, 10:22 AM
The only thing that would have been cooler, is if it had been a call to the Space Shuttle Enterprise, vice Discovery, but unfortunately she's resting out at the Dulles airport annex of the Air and Space Museum with not one real spaceflight. Oh well. Pretty cool anyways for him to record that wake up call.

Thought just occured to me. Would it be a predestination paradox that the show Star Trek, caused everyone to hold the name Enterprise so dear that they've named a Space Shuttle and the first Sapce Airliner (for lack of a better term) eventually leading to a Starship wayout into the future? Just so someone could time travel to make a show about the Starship Enterprise. Or am I just off my gourd?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Hehe I just saw it to and came straight here to post the link but someone beat me to it. I saw it on nasa tv.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Well, you all may be happy to know that being in the media, I have now done my part to spread the word in Australia.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/video.asp...2-981658A8F973

Cheers
-J

(P.S. I am a video news boffin for ninemsn.)
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Haha I was just talking about this with someone a few min ago