Lt. Commander
# 1 C-Store Compensation?
03-05-2011, 01:45 PM
I know it was a while ago, but what do people think now about compensation for people who got their PreOrder stuff on the C-Store like the Galaxy X people did.

The Galaxy-X compensaton gave them about $50, PLUS the free $25 ship, PLUS the $30 worth of Points PLUS all the other stuff that stayed exclusive.

Should PreOrder's get compensation?

I know I'll get a lot of hate for this, but I can still dream. I kinda just wanna see what people's thoughts are :-)
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I know it was a while ago, but what do people think now about compensation for people who got their PreOrder stuff on the C-Store like the Galaxy X people did.

The Galaxy-X compensaton gave them about $50, PLUS the free $25 ship, PLUS the $30 worth of Points PLUS all the other stuff that stayed exclusive.

I know I'll get a lot of hate for this, but I can still dream. I kinda just wanna see what people's thoughts are :-)
Nope. Pre orders (including myself) got access to gear you couldn't get from the regular game or the c-store for a limited time. They never ever said you will NEVER see them in game.

If you went and bought multiple copies for the pre-orders that's your own fault. Personally I think cryptic was really generous in giving out what they did for those that went and bought multiple STO copies JUST for the galaxy-x.

I personally wouldn't of. (But i'm not nice so hehe)
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Nope. Pre orders (including myself) got access to gear you couldn't get from the regular game or the c-store for a limited time. They never ever said you will NEVER see them in game.

If you went and bought multiple copies for the pre-orders that's your own fault. Personally I think cryptic was really generous in giving out what they did for those that went and bought multiple STO copies JUST for the galaxy-x.

I personally wouldn't of. (But i'm not nice so hehe)
1) Same situation (bought something, never promised as exclusive forever), only difference being one got compensated, one didn't.

2) I, personally, didn't but why is that less worthy than the Gal-X people

3) Bunch of em didn't do that, so how is that fair?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post

The thing is, when the Galaxy-X first came out, it was promised to 'EXCLUSIVE' to the Referral Program. When this was changed (due to enormous demand for it on the Forums...) compensation was granted to those who have already received the reward... (with the understanding it was Exclusive)

Now the Vendor Pre-Order perks were never promised to be 'EXCLUSIVE' as the pre-order FAQ warned that they would be offered as Micro-transactions in the future, as stated in the Pre-Order FAQ back in Feb of last year...
Quote:
Q: Will the exclusives be offered as a microtransaction?

A: Not at launch, but somewhere down the road we may offer to let people purchases these if they did not pre-order.
http://www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
The thing is, when the Galaxy-X first came out, it was promised to 'EXCLUSIVE' to the Referral Program. When this was changed (due to enormous demand for it on the Forums...) compensation was granted to those who have already received the reward... (with the understanding it was Exclusive)

Now the Vendor Pre-Order perks were never promised to be 'EXCLUSIVE' as the pre-order FAQ warned that they would be offered as Micro-transactions in the future, as stated in the Pre-Order FAQ back in Feb of last year...

http://www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq
As many of the people who groaned for the Pre-Orders on the C-Store liked to use for justification

"Exclusive" doesn't mean forever, just that limited time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-05-2011, 02:28 PM
I really wish the powers that be at Cryptic would make an official statement, if that hasn't already taken place, and state "ALL BETS ARE OFF, you've got what you're gonna get, or didn't get, and put an end to all these
kinds of issues.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Interesting, so you want a "go to hell" kind of message? Interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Not exactly.

I'd like them to state "if you think you have a claim for compensation due to (insert circumstance or issue here)
you have by "X" amount of days to submit a claim. Anything after the allotted amount of days will be null and void.

And at that point of making a statement give a list of items and their cutoff date for submitting claims.

This Galaxy X issue has been going on for how long?

The game's been out a year, and still you read posts from people about PRE-ORDER issues...

PRE-ORDER???.. .c'mon man, we're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past pre-order days. Right?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2011, 05:37 PM
I submittted a GM ticket, due to accidently deleted a BORG engine I got after completing INFECTED.

My reply was "sorry, can't help you".

Now, it seems to me that it would be very easy for them to verify that I completed the STF, acquired
the engine, deleted it, and no longer have it.

I didn't whine back to them, I accepted the fact that I screwed up and they said they couldn't help me.

In this case, I can't be like KIRK and not believe in the no-win scenario, because sometimes with Cryptic you
don't have a choice in the matter.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS64 View Post
Not exactly.

I'd like them to state "if you think you have a claim for compensation due to (insert circumstance or issue here)
you have by "X" amount of days to submit a claim. Anything after the allotted amount of days will be null and void.

And at that point of making a statement give a list of items and their cutoff date for submitting claims.
I'd be really in favor of that.

Quote:
This Galaxy X issue has been going on for how long?

The game's been out a year, and still you read posts from people about PRE-ORDER issues...

PRE-ORDER???.. .c'mon man, we're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past pre-order days. Right?
Actually the Galaxy-X and Pre-Order debacles were only a month or two apart I believe. Before Stahl took over.

I just think its unfair that part of their rewards got to stay exclusive, the still got there ship, and got $50 free. Thus they each got $105 worth of C-Store absolutely free.

Pre-Orderers got jack.

I especially feel for the CO LTSers, bought it just for the uniform, they couldn't use it cuz it was broken till it showed up on the Store for $3 after they spent $299 to get it. They, I think, should get something even if the rest of us don't.

Quote:
I submittted a GM ticket, due to accidently deleted a BORG engine I got after completing INFECTED.

My reply was "sorry, can't help you".

Now, it seems to me that it would be very easy for them to verify that I completed the STF, acquired
the engine, deleted it, and no longer have it.

I didn't whine back to them, I accepted the fact that I screwed up and they said they couldn't help me.

In this case, I can't be like KIRK and not believe in the no-win scenario, because sometimes with Cryptic you
don't have a choice in the matter.
I don't see the connection. You just run it again. Problem solved.

We can't just get our money back.