Lt. Commander
# 1 Melee Weapon Side Slot
03-06-2011, 04:45 PM
I've been thinking that perhaps Melee weapons should take up a side slot other than the two primary and secondary weapons slots. Otherwise it gets pretty difficult to switch out and control which weapons you want to carry.

And is there the potential for melee weapons to have an Exploit attack?

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2011, 05:52 PM
I would at least like a CQC weapon slot for BO and mybe a behavior option toggle that can be set for primary range or primary CQC.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkarma View Post
I've been thinking that perhaps Melee weapons should take up a side slot other than the two primary and secondary weapons slots. Otherwise it gets pretty difficult to switch out and control which weapons you want to carry.
Personally, I don't see any reason to have more than two weapon slots, and I doubt Cryptic will either.

Quote:
And is there the potential for melee weapons to have an Exploit attack?

Thoughts?
Yes. http://www.stowiki.org/Melee
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Seems reasonable to me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2011, 11:19 AM
melee already has several exploit attacks, however they are at the end of 3 combo chains. However this really needs to be in place as they also have a 10% chance to expose, no other weapon has both an expose and exploit effect.

~D

EDIT:

Check out THIS thread for a description of Bat'leth combat, hopefully they will make one soon for the lirpa and sword. This is, in my opinion, a MUST read thread for anyone who wishes to do serious melee combat.