Lt. Commander
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, however, at this point I don't much care. The argument I've heard most often for not having the light cruisers, available at T5 is that "a TOS Constitution should never be able to compete with a Sovereign".

Well, now we have the T5 B'rel and I have not seen anyone complain about this classic ship "braking" the game. Even with the new cloak I don't see it as overpowered, cause you still have to fire your energy weapons to drop the shields of your enemy before your torpedoes are effective.

The way I see it, Cryptic no longer has any excuse NOT to give us a way to have ALL of the lower ranked ships available for anyone to use at V.A. rank.

Iím just hoping that Cryptic doesnít drop them all into the C-store and call it a day. Rather, Iíd like to see a way for the lower ranked ships to rank up with you the way shuttles do.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2011, 12:35 PM
I believe DStahl has said they're looking at a way of using advanced crafting to refit ships to T5 standard.

On a side note, the reason nobody has complained about the Bre'el T5 being OP is because Feds got it nerfed into useless before it came out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2011, 12:37 PM
I have one, it is pretty useless.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadguy
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, however, at this point I don't much care. The argument I've heard most often for not having the light cruisers, available at T5 is that "a TOS Constitution should never be able to compete with a Sovereign".

Well, now we have the T5 B'rel and I have not seen anyone complain about this classic ship "braking" the game. Even with the new cloak I don't see it as overpowered, cause you still have to fire your energy weapons to drop the shields of your enemy before your torpedoes are effective.

The way I see it, Cryptic no longer has any excuse NOT to give us a way to have ALL of the lower ranked ships available for anyone to use at V.A. rank.

Iím just hoping that Cryptic doesnít drop them all into the C-store and call it a day. Rather, Iíd like to see a way for the lower ranked ships to rank up with you the way shuttles do.
in all honesty, a good way to make all T5 fed ships T6's (the upcoming standard), would be to give them all the enhanced T5 Brel cloak, i think. Every single fed ship. Hands down.

See all you feds in PVP! :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2011, 12:42 PM
The B'rel is also canonicly a much much larger ship than the TMP BoP's
In fact Canon B'rels are even larger than the constitution class. :p

Unlike Starfleet the Klingons build simple and durable hull designs, while starfleet builds newer and better but ultimately disposable and hulls that get outdated very fast.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Well the b'rel has actually been competitive with modern high powered in the ships in the show. They often engage the defiant in ds9, though they are a little more fragile then the defiant.

It spans from the TOS time to after TNG. Always in the dominion battles in ds9. More common then the KVort.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlordthor View Post
Well the b'rel has actually been competitive with modern high powered in the ships in the show. They often engage the defiant in ds9, though they are a little more fragile then the defiant.

It spans from the TOS time to after TNG. Always in the dominion battles in ds9. More common then the KVort.
Canonicly the B'rel has only appeared once in Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadguy

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines GMMeeko
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-07-2011, 12:51 PM
maybe because the Bird of Prey was still active in the Dominion War and was on one level with the Defiant Class... while the Constitution was never shown outside of the movies and TOS, therefore it has to be oooold?

...but this game has gone from a semi-realistic future to a *but i want to roleplay that i'm captain kirk from the mirror universe*-kinda ....thing.
You know *roleplay* whatever era you want to, instead of one immersive fitting together universe.

I don't say thats a bad thing... personally i hated pretty much all the *new* Ships created by Cryptic but i geek out if i see an Oberth Class properly done.
That's just the way it is, i don't need the Star Trek license to play with random Spaceships.

But i don't want to see a Constitution class shooting a Sovereign Class to bits either, that would just be wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
maybe because the Bird of Prey was still active in the Dominion War and was on one level with the Defiant Class... while the Constitution was never shown outside of the movies and TOS, therefore it has to be oooold?

...but this game has gone from a semi-realistic future to a *but i want to roleplay that i'm captain kirk from the mirror universe*-kinda ....thing.
You know *roleplay* whatever era you want to, instead of one immersive fitting together universe.

I don't say thats a bad thing... personally i hated pretty much all the *new* Ships created by Cryptic but i geek out if i see an Oberth Class properly done.
That's just the way it is, i don't need the Star Trek license to play with random Spaceships.

But i don't want to see a Constitution class shooting a Sovereign Class to bits either, that would just be wrong.
What? I mean look. If you took the design of a car from the 50's and filled it with todays technology, should it not run circles around a 10 year old car?