Lt. Commander
# 51
03-11-2011, 05:17 PM
How can you shoot my idea down and then claim that pvper's are trying to stack the odds in their favor?

You aren't making any sense.
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Admittedly, I've only skimmed this topic, but in my experience the precision of these skills really only matters to pvpers. You can do most PVE content blindfolded in this game. Whenever a nerf happens, it affects pvpers more than anyone else. That's why PVP queues are dead these days.
Lt. Commander
# 53 You guys keep saying that
03-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasidy
Admittedly, I've only skimmed this topic, but in my experience the precision of these skills really only matters to pvpers. You can do most PVE content blindfolded in this game. Whenever a nerf happens, it affects pvpers more than anyone else. That's why PVP queues are dead these days.
"pve is easy so we can nerf you over and over and it doesn't matter; only pvp balance matters" is the essential drift of the pvp community over and over. Yet that ignores the fact that the vast majority of players are pve players who don't appreciate being nerfed over and over for you guys. It also shows disdain for the vast majority of the game itself. You guys don't like pve, it's inane and simple and too easy, and nerfing it doesn't matter. I get it. But most of us like doing it. We don't play pvp, mostly because we don't like being cannon fodder for the top tier who are pretty much all that's left. Most matches I've seen go 15-0 or close to it. When I play pugs as KDF I'm usually on the 15 side. When I play pugs as Feds it's usually on the zero side. But I don't play that much anymore on either side because it takes half an hour to get an lopsided match. STO pvp is a wasteland compared to pretty much every other MMO I've played, and I've played a lot of them since 1997 when the term was first coined. I don't want the last remaining denizens of a forsaken pvp game to decide how the rest of us play. I want the devs to nerf pvp and pve separately. I want them to occaisionally buff an alternative instead of nerfing things. I'm talking more to them than I am to the pvp community, which has shown a hostility to pve in general.

You blame nerfs for hurting pvp, yet those nerfs are almost always for the sake of pvp'ers and at the request of the pvp community. I frankly blame the pvp community itself largely for the state of affairs. I also blame Cryptic for making the KDF a pvp-only faction to begin with, which had far reaching consequences because it put all the pvp enthusiasts into one faction, gave them nothing to do except pvp for months, while the Feds were scanning flowers in Hromi cluster. That led to the lopsided scores we see now, followed often by the belittling attitude of the pvp'ers you find in every game, and people don't like being cannon fodder and insulted for long, and they don't do it for long. So here we are, being nerfed again for a tiny, tiny remnant of the game who still pvps. But you guys think it doesn't matter, because "pve is easy". Being nerfed isn't fun, yet you guys seem to think we should just grin and bear it no matter how many times it happens, how many ships we have to respec out of, no matter how many times we no longer have fun doing what used to be fun. That's your perogative. I'll show the other side.
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Sorry, but what I said is true. PVE content is still so easy I don't even bother with it anymore. The AI is weak. Blame them for that, not us.

And how can you blame the "PVP community"? WHAT PVP community? Have you seen the queues recently? Yes, but the nerfs were for our benefit