Lt. Commander
# 1 Shifting my stuff through sale
03-07-2011, 12:06 PM
I have been playing somewhat poorly, and to fill time between Storyline missions, I have been going back and doing things I never got round to doing at Lieutenant. Problem is, doing these often leaves me with inventoryfulls of stuff I really don't want.

But, what should I do with all this stuff? I lack bank space to dump it, I won't use it. The only thing I can really do is sell it.

From here I have three options: a)Exchange, b)replicator or c)merchants.

Now, perhaps other people have more time for this, but I find that, through the massive amounts of running around, do you really, really, really want to sell this? boxes, and warnings that I'll still have a chance to get it back, I can only sell a few things a minute. When I have a full inventory of this stuff, it can take as much as ten minutes to empty from two hours of play. That doesn't seem like much, but its really, really dull. Heaven forbid I should rank up and have a bank of lower level stuff to throw?

Is there anything I am missing to help me dump my things, or any way to turn off at least some of these warnings? Right now, it's kind of annoying.

tl;dr Is there a way I can speed up ditching my stuff, if I haven't changed any setting on this stuff yet?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Well...

When selling stuff, instead of using the mouse to confirm that you want to sell stuff, use the enter key.

ANd rather than actually using the replicator to sell things directly, use right click.

In some cases you can sell stuff without the annoying comfirm boxes by holding Ctrl, while pressing the Sell button.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moooo566 View Post
From here I have three options: a)Exchange, b)replicator or c)merchants.
There's a Fourth option, and that's the Fleet Bank. You can donate your valuable yet unused resources to your fellow comrade in arms, and also gains access to other people's surplus that can save your own time and resources... as well as other services such as custom 'Crafting', BO training & transfers, etc....
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
There's a Fourth option, and that's the Fleet Bank. You can donate your valuable yet unused resources to your fellow comrade in arms, and also gains access to other people's surplus that can save your own time and resources... as well as other services such as custom 'Crafting', BO training & transfers, etc....
I was under the impression that the fleet bank also had limited space, and even they probably didn't want or need my Mk II white cannons. This sort of thing was what I was really getting at, the stuff which really isn't worth the trip to an exchange or fleet bank.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Sell all common items that you do not want to vendors on stations. You will get more EC back then you will from your replicator (and you will not have the confirm box pop up). I only use my replicator to sell in case I have maxed my inventory while on a mission and want to sell of a cheaper item for a more expensive one.

For uncommon and above items, you can try to sell on the exchange. It might take some time to figure out what sells good on the exchange and what doesn't, but after a few sales you should get the hang of it. Avoid placing items for sale at the lowest price for a quick sale. If you want to sell something fairly fast, you can sell it for a few sales above the least or somewhat below what the mean price appears to be. Items not sold after a week will be mailed back to you. If this happens, or the item doesn't sell after a few days, you can repost at a lower price.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Or, you can do what I do, and just not pick up the common stuff in the first place. Basically, look at the item. If it is white, then do not click "Take". Or even if it is green, but low level, don't pick it up. Your inventory will not fill up that fast.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Or, you can do what I do, and just not pick up the common stuff in the first place. Basically, look at the item. If it is white, then do not click "Take". Or even if it is green, but low level, don't pick it up. Your inventory will not fill up that fast.
I politely disagree. On lower levels (especially for new captains), I would pick up everything I could get my hands on, except maybe tribbles. Even common stuff can get a good price at a vendor, especially ships shields, engines, and deflector dishes. I would hate to turn down that deflector dish early only to pick up nothing but tribbles and ration packs towards the end. If you find your inventory getting close to full, then you can be more picky about what you are carrying. As you level up and have good equipment and ample EC, you can be more picky about what you pick up.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-10-2011, 12:38 AM
Personally i loot everything, and then recycle the cheap items, and vendor most white and some uncommon items, the rest goes on the exchange.

Regarding vendoring WHITE items, its not always a good idea some (not many) white items sell very well on the exchange, just a matter of learning which.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-10-2011, 02:26 AM
Another note on white items: some of them are "bind when equip". I've only found SOME MK X and above white items to be bindable, so if you equip them, you won't be able to sell them to vendors or exchange.

I'm not sure if it's intended (I fail to see a reason for that) or just a mistake/bug. Anyways, check all info before equiping something.

As far as I know, no white items below Mk IX are bindable.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoHawk
I politely disagree. On lower levels (especially for new captains), I would pick up everything I could get my hands on, except maybe tribbles. Even common stuff can get a good price at a vendor, especially ships shields, engines, and deflector dishes. I would hate to turn down that deflector dish early only to pick up nothing but tribbles and ration packs towards the end. If you find your inventory getting close to full, then you can be more picky about what you are carrying. As you level up and have good equipment and ample EC, you can be more picky about what you pick up.
But the OP has said that he was just going back and doing some old Lt missions that he never completed. Everything in those missions that drops will pretty much be useless to him, especially white ones. Why would you want mark II items when you are a commander or captain? Even shields and engines aren't worth that much in EC at that level. You only get a few thousand EC at the most for vendoring them. My suggestion was for the OPs situation specifically. OF COURSE IF YOU ARE LOW LEVEL, you take everything.