Lt. Commander
# 21
03-07-2011, 02:24 PM
I hope this comes as a per-ship or per-team cap for spawned entities, not just disabling the powers for pvp. It seems people are complaining about having tons of things on the map, not running into these powers once or twice. If a mine cap prevents a team from all using tractor mines or leaving them floating in space for long periods of time, then people will stop using it as a team strategy, and individual players can still use the spawning abilities as they fit into their builds.

For example, a team using mines will end up causing another team member's mines to self-destruct as they exceed the cap, but each ship's deployables will take priority, meaning mines left in space will go away faster as more are deployed, but each individual power will still summon entities until the next one pushes it into the cap.

I just hope mine deployment patterns still work with TB mines, as it's a BOff skill that's invested in and enhances the power in the short term, but would result in more roll-over replacement in a cap system.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizonar
......my god
and they where just the ones in front of the camera, the rest of the battle and more spam was behind the camera (and bare in mind that those mines are just the ones that im able to see from my team!)

Whilst its not a screen shot, it does again give you an idea of what we are facing when in any current PvP match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNiR5...eature=related
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduckie
Oh yeah that's me on top of the leader board. lol. Funny I think I have that same screen shot of all the mines spammed. I just never got a chance to post how the spamming of mines spread to Ker'ret also.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Joslin View Post
While I am happy to hear that this is being looked into, I shall wait to see what comes from this.

Though it is good to finally hear something from the devs. Thank you Snix.
My sentiments exactly !
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithterror View Post
THIS.

Or This.....(pulled from another thread...cant make a clicky)

Mines:
Each mine should drop 1 mine. Use the Dispersal pattern to afford the ability to drop more than 1 mine. Not speccing into a mine (Trico, Chroniton, plasma, etc) will not yield the proc powers.

Photonic Fleet:
PvE: Summons 3 ships
PvP: Summons 1 ship

Scorpion device:
PvE: Launches 10 every 120 seconds
PvP: Launches 10 once per match (or 300 seconds as an alternate use)

Both ways seem viable.
On the mines maybe go with counters increase and hold time but cuting the number down makes them worthless. On the Photonic Fleet i think your way way way off on this. sci has very few good captain skills that have not been nerf batted into the dirt lets not go after the one good one left. When it comes to the fighters i'm fine with that one.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie0854
THANK YOU!!!!!
Its good to know we are being heard and that screens like THIS maybe a distant bad memory!

We want PvP matches not PvEvP matches!
oh my ...

and - I wonder if you can use these mines when you fight with CE to hold all shards
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie0854
and they where just the ones in front of the camera, the rest of the battle and more spam was behind the camera (and bare in mind that those mines are just the ones that im able to see from my team!)
This also greatly upsets me as it is the first time my engines have been just... completely unable to escape from something.

Some Nebula Gravity Well'd me and then put eject warp plasma everywhere.

I shifted to First gear )EPTE) and began moving out.

Suddenly! 4 Tractor mines decloak and lock FOUR tractors onto me, I'm moving backwards into the nebula now slowly , speed is 80ish.

I floor the gas pedal )EM) and rocket my speed to 270.

I didn't move.

I didn't... move.

didn't.... move.
My jaw did though, towards the floor.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Quote:
IKS Tampon of Prey !! ROFL!!!
Lol, I saw that one too. Hahaha. Great name On a related note I own a ship called the U.S.S Tampax.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Um, aren't most of those YOUR mines? lol.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-07-2011, 02:40 PM
I don't like the idea of things working differently in PvP and PvE. The universe doesn't change from one to the other, it's unrealistic. Of course, it already does, and the devs have no concern for consistency or realism, so they'll do whatever they like.

Either way, I and others predicted this sort of thing would result from endless garbage being put in space.