Lt. Commander
# 341
03-14-2011, 12:39 PM
david i take your one of the whiners huh

good god grow up whiners
Lt. Commander
# 342
03-14-2011, 12:39 PM
It's funny, sort of. Nerfs really are being demanded way more than they are needed. Unfortunately, all of the unnecessary complaints kind of wear us down. However, just because 90+% of the complaints are ridiculous doesn't preclude the possibility that somewhere out there something might need to be addressed.

Nerf is over used on things that don't need it, and stigmatized when something that does need to be fixed arises.
Lt. Commander
# 343
03-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SehlatKitten View Post
oh great ruin something that didn't need to be ruined but because people were whining about them

oh great day (sarcasm)
It ruined someone's gameplay experience. Why does this not matter to you? Are you so egostical that only your way of playing matters?

Also, if the team actually improves the damage output of individual mines, this means that in the future, mines will actually serve a purpose other than inducing targeting problems and lagging. They are actually dangerous! Think about that!

The only mines that might be worth anything at all in PvE now are basically Tri-Cobalt, Chronition and Tractor Beam Mines. Imagine the day there is actually a point to using Photon, Quantum, Plasma and Transphasic mines!
Lt. Commander
# 344
03-14-2011, 12:50 PM
The Tractor Beam FX were fixed and will be pushed tribble asap.

The Fighters AI has been tweaked a little and should act a bit more appropriate and no longer follow cloaked played.

"PDS system" Discussion Yes... Implementation Not yet. Possibly in a future update. We wanted to fix mines a a whole first before putting in a PDS system.

As far as making powers work differently or be disabled in pvp and pve, this isn't something we want to turn to as of yet. We think that balancing the powers will and should be possible for both aspects of the game.

Yes, these changes effected PVE. Mainly to fix the pet spam that causes server strain this needed to be addressed and fixed. That is why we will be addressing the other mines and entity creating powers as well in the future.

They do last 7 seconds but they also do a slightly lower potency version of tractor beam.

ODD numbers are making a comeback... just like 80's.
Lt. Commander
# 345 baby steps
03-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Its a step not into the wrong direction, after many previous steps down the other way.
It is far from creating a platform for an enjoyable, fair, and entertaining pvp experience.

All together now:
Targeting/Server Lag/Exploits !!!!
Lt. Commander
# 346
03-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Oh, almost forgot!!!!

We have our software team working on a way to prioritize players over created objects when tab targeting.

This will drastically increase the effectiveness of targeting in pvp.

Thanks,

-Chad
Lt. Commander
# 347
03-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddington
Oh, almost forgot!!!!

We have our software team working on a way to prioritize players over created objects when tab targeting.

Thanks,

-Chad
I just got a tingle up my leg there
Lt. Commander
# 348
03-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Quote:
As far as making powers work differently or be disabled in pvp and pve, this isn't something we want to turn to as of yet. We think that balancing the powers will and should be possible for both aspects of the game.
Absolutely agree. Separating effects may seem like an easy fix but ultimately things that work better overall benefits everyone.

Quote:
ODD numbers are making a comeback... just like 80's.
Now maybe this is going to sound odd but is anyone else just as happy as a lark to have someone with a clue openly engaging us about our concerns? I'm totally cheesing from the attention.

Quote:
Oh, almost forgot!!!!

Thanks,

-Chad
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmIdoinitright
I just got a tingle up my leg there
OMG I'm not alone! lol.
Lt. Commander
# 349
03-14-2011, 01:05 PM
That single change will be 9000% helpful right there. Hope it works for clicking too... (optionally?)

P.S. There is no reason to think that stronger less numerous mines will have any deletorious effect on PVE whatsoever.
Lt. Commander
# 350
03-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Will Breen Frigate that tractored me explode too after 7 sec?