Lt. Commander
# 351
03-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySoul View Post
Will Breen Frigate that tractored me explode too after 7 sec?
No, in fact, through exploitation of the UI and lag those frigates will launch additional frigates which will have additional tractor beams ready to hold us tightly and whisper sweet nothings in our rear. Or ear too.
Lt. Commander
# 352
03-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Quote:
at least they are not dropping 20 tractor mines on you also.
Lt. Commander
# 353
03-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Quote:
If you hit it hard enough... yes.
Lt. Commander
# 354
03-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SehlatKitten View Post
david i take your one of the whiners huh

good god grow up whiners
Nope not really, though I find irony in your comment...

Anyway more seriously? The number of items doesn't bother me sp much but how they're handled does, I'm happy with the steps being made but I'd propose other solutions in tandem or as alternatives.

Give us a new control option "Target Player" and "Targry NPC/object" sp that scramble sensors in conjunction with spam doesn't get silly OP.

The second and in my mind equally valid option is to increase arena sizes, something we should see come in with Season X when they work on PVP. Build loads of maps and assign a map based on team sizes. This firstly gives more room for batlesdo hopefully reduces the big old ball o spam we getmore spread out battles, this also means people can b further from the ball o spam reducing the items drawn on their screen and helping slower machines work better.
Lt. Commander
# 355
03-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
It usually does? *pewpew*
Lt. Commander
# 356
03-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Absolutely agree. Separating effects may seem like an easy fix but ultimately things that work better overall benefits everyone.
Not sure it an easy fix but it is the right fix. Other wise we just see more and more of these nerf. but this way PVE would not keep getting nerf that are not need to just make PVP players happy. Frankly I am tried of that. These nerf are not need in any way for PVE. It a PVE mission reward item that getting nerf because of PVP. How is that fair and benefit everyone?

Infact it just the opposite by separating the skills then PVP nerfs will not effect PVE play and nerf because of PVE would not effect PVP making it easier to balance.

This is not the first PVE Nerf driven by PVP in this game and clearly it will not be the last because the dev do not seem to not care they ruining PVE play to make the PVP players.

At launch there was a real difference between the ships class. Now there not so much because of nerf caused by PVP.

I am extremely disappoint to here that seperate skill is not begin consider. So I guess I can look foward for major nerfs on new MVA ship since I all ready seen many of PVP player say the Bridge officer slot it over powering.

Take WOW I use to play that I cancel my account because I got sick and tried of nerfs to Bear tanks caused by... Yes you guess it PVP caused nerfs. The also did not want to go with sperate skills. Hopefull cryptic will wise up sooner then later. But clearly for this thread I guess that a lost cause.
Lt. Commander
# 357
03-14-2011, 01:30 PM
it wouldn't make pvp easier to balance, it would make PVE builds and PVP builds seperate, destroying casual PVP and making PVP very unfriendly for newer players.
Lt. Commander
# 358
03-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddington
Oh, almost forgot!!!!

We have our software team working on a way to prioritize players over created objects when tab targeting.

This will drastically increase the effectiveness of targeting in pvp.

Thanks,

-Chad
Much love for this.
Lt. Commander
# 359
03-14-2011, 01:47 PM
I've been playing the STO PvE game for just about a year now (I Sux at PvP)..., without the TBM's...,

...and having a lot of fun...

I'll continue to play the PvE game with the TBM's (in whatever form they end up being)...,

...and will still have fun...

I just think it's kinda funny that PvP player's complain (a lot) that they get No LUV around here...

but every time they holler That's Not Fair / It's Ruining My Fun, they sure do get a lot of attention from the Dev's...

...and mostly get things their way...

If that's not Luv, then I guess I don't really know what MMO Luv is...

BTW: What is a PDS System ?
Lt. Commander
# 360
03-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Point Defense System...system.