Lt. Commander
# 21
04-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
This is my opinion on it:

Hmmmm well, this is your.... 3rd STO themed website, right? It's apparent that you really want to make one that works. If you gave up on this one, I have a feeling you'd try making a 4th one after a few months. If only for that reason alone, I think you're better off sticking with this one. Improving on what you have will very likely be better than starting over.

If you want to get some traffic, I might suggest you give your site a definitive purpose. People already find a lot of the information you have in other places where they're used to the format already. These people will probably never have a reason to check out your site... so you need to adjust your target audience.

If I were in your position, I would rework the site a bit to make it more of a fleet support website. Get some forums ready and set it up so users can register and post. The information all there would be convenient for people so they could check fleet news, forums, and get information in one place. After that's set up, you can advertise in the fleet area that you have a site and you're looking for a fleet to adopt it. I'd bet there are a number of fleets out there with no website that'd love to have it.

For example: I know the "Orion Empire" fleet is *huge*, but there's no obvious google result for a website for them.
actually STOI has Forums up since 2 or 3 months ago i think
and for that fleet, i already did that, i did the set up the Fleets with their own Sections, only the problem is i can't seem to find a good setup that allows me to set up a Fleet-Supported System for STOI
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-10-2011, 11:24 AM
i Added French Discussions to Forums on March 31, 2011 and on April 10th, 2011
i put up German Discussions. just to help for anyone who can't do English well. so they were put up in Response to STO's Takedown of French/German Discussions.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Now i'm going to Add Many Variety of Things to STOI's Forums to STO Forums in STOI.
they Will Include The Ships plus i will be Adding Ships Polls to Polls for that Reason.
Now, if you WANT to Vote on Said Class, please do so. i will put the Credit for its Designer of that Said Ship Class. ok?

Feel Free to add your comment.

Thanks,

Superlink1
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-12-2011, 06:56 AM
Copy and paste from STOwiki much ?

A lot of the text on your site is word for word identical to that which people have written on STO wiki... hell some of the images look like they are from STO wiki as well. Instead of cloning STOwiki why not become a contributor there and help add more information there.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Clearly this is your first encounter with Superlink1.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meehee View Post
Copy and paste from STOwiki much ?

A lot of the text on your site is word for word identical to that which people have written on STO wiki... hell some of the images look like they are from STO wiki as well. Instead of cloning STOwiki why not become a contributor there and help add more information there.
hey, i needed pictures and info on STOI so people would know exactly what they're looking at and for.
plus i add my own infomation on those subjects.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoratusAlpha
Clearly this is your first encounter with Superlink1.
nope, he met me twice
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-12-2011, 07:45 PM
anyway..
i removed "STOI" above Header to allow more better setup
plus i have updated the Site with some best Features like Shoutbox.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-13-2011, 02:48 AM
STOI now has Shoutbox Added. i also Added Earth Spacedock section.
i'll be doing more later on. gotta get some well deserved sleep
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-15-2011, 07:27 AM
updated the STOI, now has New Forum Rules added for/Regarding Signtures, and we have added "Designs of Mark Rademaker" concerning his Star Trek Works. i have yet Added his Aventine Class Works to STOI yet. feel free to view the Signture Rules. Here
this Rules is posted same in each section of Forums except Polls.
just Click on any Section to view Signture Rules.