Lt. Commander
So at the end when you fight Sela, was she against the whole plot to eliminate the reman threat or was out there to crush Hakeev and the Tal Shiar, despite not knowing that the Iconians are behind the whole thing.. Just need some clarification on the story.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2011, 10:36 AM
It is my opinion that Empress Sela had nothing to do with the Iconians...

The reason (once again, my opinion only) she showed up at the end was because she had two possible rivals to her power, Hakaev and Obisek fighting it out for dominance and a starfleet captain sticking their nose in where it didn't belong.

Her plan, which almost worked, was to wait until both sides destroyed each other and then mop up the survivors, removing them both as a threat to her and giving starfleet a bloody nose for meddling in Romulan politics in one move... Unfortunately, she underestimated that starfleet captain. If it wasn't for the (likely unwanted) interference by the Iconians her ship would have been destroyed... As it is now, she's been kidnapped by the Iconians who are likely to try and turn her to their side or dispose of her if she wont. Either way, Sela is in a bad position.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Sweet, thank you very much.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Yes, I think she intended to crush all who oppose her rule: Haakev, Obisek, everybody. Only to be kidnapped by Iconians.

Doesn't she say something like "Rebels and traitors will be punished"? Seems to me that both Haakev and Obisek would fit into that category.