Lt. Commander
# 1 Small out of the way bar
03-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Anyone think that there is a map that lends itself to a small bar?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2011, 11:25 AM
I have some ideas but they generally center around placing ground/ceilings/walls on an existing map (either a generic interior or an outdoor map) to create a cozy space for a small bar.

One thing I want to toy with when the Foundry is on Holodeck is making maps with buildings that have interiors you can access without a loading screen. The trick is recorating the outside to look like a proper building.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddommus View Post
Anyone think that there is a map that lends itself to a small bar?
There's a bar on the Drozana Station map I think. Also I've seen people use the bar at the Starbase 39 map.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
There's a bar on the Drozana Station map I think. Also I've seen people use the bar at the Starbase 39 map.
You can place a bar on any map though. In general, I think a nice, small interior kit (either pre-made or placed) with a custom placed bar is your best bet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Agreed with LV99, It is completely reasonable to use any interior. Then block an exit on any map... You can place bartender areas and tables chairs even dabo tables..... If you want a unique mission, "joboo" make it yourself..
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-07-2011, 04:39 PM
I have an outside bar in the final mission of my story-arc... plenty of patrons and dancing girls and the combat arena is waiting for you as well as the Orion Queen

There is a bar that is use-able in the foundry and I added lots of decorations and a ferengi bartender... there's no reason why you can't put a bar anywhere in a foundry mission... on any ground map except social zones which already have them...