Lt. Commander
# 1 Beta Close
03-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi all, how to make an private beta closed of mission?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2011, 01:50 PM
There is not a way to restrict who can access a mission. Once you publish it, anyone can play it until you unpublish it, and even unpublishing it, if someone takes the mission while its 'active' they can still play it until they drop it or complete it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
There is not a way to restrict who can access a mission. Once you publish it, anyone can play it until you unpublish it, and even unpublishing it, if someone takes the mission while its 'active' they can still play it until they drop it or complete it.
Cryptic have to make a beta close for the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2011, 01:57 PM
I doubt they will as that can be used to keep people out of missions. And so far the community has also been able to create and test without this.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Set you up the bomb?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-05-2011, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargate942 View Post
Cryptic have to make a beta close for the mission.
Why? Does your mission breach the usage agreement somehow?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-05-2011, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Why? Does your mission breach the usage agreement somehow?
LOL Was thinking the same thing... lol
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-05-2011, 08:55 AM
I think he just wants to be able to restrict people at large being able to access the mission so he can get a 'real world' test of it with a select group of people.

Otherwise he might be trying to make a personal playground him himself and several friends. Regardless its a feature that I don't see being implemented at all.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
I think he just wants to be able to restrict people at large being able to access the mission so he can get a 'real world' test of it with a select group of people.

Otherwise he might be trying to make a personal playground him himself and several friends. Regardless its a feature that I don't see being implemented at all.
Which are both perfectly reasonable requests.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Which are both perfectly reasonable requests.
While I could maybe see a limited time 'demo mode being available so that a live run could be made for testing purposes. I categorically think having a 'blacklist/whitelist' system for missions is a terrible idea. IF this was being hosted on a personal server that might be one thing, but these missions are being hosted on a companies server and unless there is a structure in place to 'rent' the storage space for these missions, they shouldn't be restricted use. Additionally, and this gets into more of a rights point, when you publish a mission, it becomes Cryptic's property and theirs to do with as they see fit, and I don't imagine restricting who can see something is on their list atm.