Lt. Commander
Hi all,
I'd like to send a request to the devs (and if it was allready requested, I'm sorry but could not find it ): we have an animation for the walking movement, and that's great (seems to me a little bit siffer than the way the NPCs walks, but that's better than nothing ), we can have a keybind for it, and it's fantastic (because I don't like so much to see my toon jogging in the ESD or his ship's interiors when everyone else is quietly walking around and I'm not in a hurry...) but the keybind works a little oddly: we have to keep the key pressed all the time we want to walk...

Given the fact that walking you spend a lot more time to go anywhere, and having to have that key pressed is such a pain (let apart that the key I use for the walk is cancelling out his writing due to constant use...) could we have the walk keybind changed in a "trigger"?
You press and release it and you change your movement to the walk, press and release it again, and you're back jogging... could be great if starting to sprint could "reset" the walk so that after the sprint you are back in the jogging mode too...
Or at least, if making it that way is harder, can it work as the sprint does? Maybe for a longer time, something like 1 minute instead of the 30 seconds of the sprint...

I know it's a small request (that maybe no one else will second) but hope it could be a simple task to complete and could sneak through some dev busy schedule...
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2011, 12:27 AM
/bind <key> ++walk ---> /bind shift ++walk will bind shift as a toggle
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2011, 01:45 AM
Woo... thank you so much...
Lt. Commander
# 4 ++walk Camera Bug
03-11-2011, 01:34 PM
There is a camera bug related to ++walk. If your camera is set to "On Move" and toggle it on, the camera always thinks you're moving and snaps back to directly behind your character. Toggle it off and you can swivel the camera and release the mouse button while standing still and it won't snap back, as expected.