Lt. Commander
I canceled my account last year and was still charged a resubscription fee through Paypal this morning. How do I get this refunded? I tried to submit a support ticket to Atari but that system doesn't seem to work either. I keep getting a validation error when I try to submit the ticket
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2011, 06:12 AM
Your stuck with us lol jk
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2011, 06:36 AM
While you're here. go visit the new earth spacedock. pkay the featured series. craft. help test out foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2011, 06:39 AM
You have been assimilated, sry
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Hmm, normally I'd say open a ticket, but if you say it doesn't work...

Well, you are probably stuck in an infinite loop you can only break by acquiring a lifetime subscription.

On a more serious note, you could try PMing a CM/GM guy (Stormshade?) and maybe he/she/it can look into what could be breaking the support system. Just be sure to be very precise in what is going wrong with the ticket system and your subscription, so they don't just reply back "can't help, open a ticket"...

But maybe the system is only temporarily down. Try again later.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2011, 06:51 AM
First thing's first, don't log into game whatever you do. Second you do need to talk to Atari's accounts department so they can arrange a refund, once that's been done, as a final step you need to go into your account on the STO website and delete paypal as your payment option. I know that you're having problems with the second one, but all I can suggest is to keep trying...

I'm really not sure what causes these (far too frequent imo) problems of people getting resubscribed against their will, and I wont comment on it other than to say that as long as you make sure that there's no available payment options on your account then there's absolutely no way for you to be accidentally charged again.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2011, 07:02 AM
Have you disabled the recurring payment authorization toward Cryptic in your Paypal account? If not, then from Paypal's point of view, you still allow Cryptic to bill you.
That is the very first thing I do whenever I unsubscribe from somewere.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Since you have been able to log in, please head into your account settings on the home page and make sure you are unsubscribed.

For possible refunds and similar, you must contact the billing support team via the ticket system. We have no means of tinkering with your account without such a ticket. To submit:
  • Go to the support pages
  • Make sure you are logged in. Log in with your Cryptic account for STO, it will be the same on Atari.com
  • Go to Support
  • Select "Get Help"
  • If the Chat is an option: Use it! We'll be happy to assist.
  • Else, submit a ticket under Account/Billing with your issue summary and a description of your isssue.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-08-2011, 04:27 PM
When I logged in to the website this morning it still showed me as subscribed so I clicked unsubscribe again and then I went to Paypal and deleted Cryptic so I should be good in the future. After logging back in this afternoon I was able to get a ticket created. Thanks for the help everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-09-2011, 03:43 PM
I think the game should be completely free. Ok, maybe not completely free; you could have it set up so that certain accessories and mods require one payment for each accessory/mod. I mean, Cryptic has STO and Champions Online. If you made the game free (meaning that we dont have to subscribe to play the full game) you'd probably get a lot more sales, which means you'd still be getting profit from the selling of the game, plus you could still charge subscriptions for Champions Online. Not every star trek fan has $300 dollars to buy a lifetime subscription, and not every family can support monthly subscription fees. Think about it from the consumer's point of view. The economy's in turmoil. and many families have bigger finincial concerns than making subscripton payments. I'm not saying make the entire game free (You can still charge for certain accessories and mods at one payment per accessory/mod, like i said earlier), just make it so that those of us who can't afford subscriptions can play the full game without having to spend money every month.