Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Simply create a sector block for Klingon vs. Federation. Throw a bunch of good items (sets, quests etc.) in every system and let us slug it out for space and items. This would work for me. This is what I was hoping for after a year lay off. Coming back was a dissapointment for PvP. No open PvP is why I left in the first place. What's wrong with this idea?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2011, 07:10 AM
I can't argue with the concept.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Simply create a sector block for Klingon vs. Federation. Throw a bunch of good items (sets, quests etc.) in every system and let us slug it out for space and items. This would work for me. This is what I was hoping for after a year lay off. Coming back was a dissapointment for PvP. No open PvP is why I left in the first place. What's wrong with this idea?
It is a good idea, but that doesn't mean it is easy.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2011, 09:33 AM
If they put any kind of reward in it, the pve'ers would scream about it. Maybe puting in a reward that ONLY works in a pvp map would prevent the outrage from the PVE community.
Other than that, the idea is perfect.
As some star trek dude once said,
Make it so.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
If they put any kind of reward in it, the pve'ers would scream about it. Maybe puting in a reward that ONLY works in a pvp map would prevent the outrage from the PVE community.
Cryptic has done a halfway good job so far at making the same gear available to all players, regardless of their preferred mode of play. You can get more or less the same purple Mk XI gear either through grinding PvE dailies for emblems, farming and crafting, or doing nonstop PvP for emblems. Crafting gets a bit of the short end of the stick since the catalog of gear we can make is smaller and less varied than you can get through the PvE / PvP emblem trade.

It would be great if they went all the way with this and made ALL of the exact same endgame gear both craftable AND buyable with no more than two common, uniform, and freely exchangeable PvE / PvP merit award currencies. Then people could do exactly what they like, and get the same rewards for the more or less the same /played investment.

The big problems come in when the team decides, for whatever daft reason, that they need to attach unique "must have" rewards to a certain category of content in order to "encourage" people to do it. Rather than encouraging people to branch out, that just forces people to endure stuff they have no interest in. As long as the same rewards are available to all with more or less the same effort, more ways to get them is always better.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmonsoon View Post
Yeah, Territoral PvP is something many of us want. It would actually give purpose to PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Yeah, Territoral PvP is something many of us want. It would actually give purpose to PvP.
Dude, I keep agreeing with you lately.
Are you OK?
Am I?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Are you OK?
Am I?

Its OK it is the gravitational forces from to many tractor mines just pulling your neurons apart. I have heard wiping the floor with PuGs is a good treatment
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Territory control would be interesting. One would wonder then if at any point in time, Cryptic will want to end the FvK war and would player performance in PvP affect the outcome of the war.

And a little bit off topic:

When I look at your sig Captain Data (at least on this MacBook Pro) it looks like the text in Blue is sinking into the page while the Red and white are popping out Have video games finally destroyed my depth perception?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Are you OK?
Am I?
What's that saying? Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

J/K Azurian.