Lt. Commander
# 1 Subscription Question
03-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi,

My 6-month subscription ended March 06 and didn't want to resub, not because i don't like STO (Actually i really like this game ), but because i want to save for a Lifetime Sub.

So, when the next sub was about to active, since its recurring, i cancelled it on the "My Accout" area. But i thought that by pressing cancel, i would cancel my actual sub, not futures subs.

So i want to know if there is a way to cancel my current sub and get my money back, since it began 2 days and i didn't played it STO with the current sub.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2011, 12:02 PM
That is something we cannot really answer here. Billing would need to check your account and situation to make that call. :\

Hop over to the support pages (linkage is in my signature) and go to "Get Help" to ask this question to Billing. Give as much detail as you can, please!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2011, 03:24 PM
I use this topic for question a similar tips for not open another one.

Just 4 days before my subsc. end , i changed it from 6 months to 1 month.

My days counter was 391 at that moment, after change, it became 221.

Is it normal?

In game accolade is locked at 491 days, so i think something is not pretty right.

Tnx for attention

Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Hey there!
No, not normal, but a bug in the system. If you are worried that something went wrong, please open a billing ticket. But from what we have gathered, the counter on the billing pages is sadly borked and gives the wrong data to a number of people. :\ Sorry about that, we're waiting for a fix on this.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Wishstone, you need to call up the cryptic offices, your suggested course of help doesn't help. Tried it. Got told 'everything is normal'. It's not. I, and likely many others like me have been blatantly brushed off, and I find the cavalier attitude to this continuing issue to be an extremely disturbing statement from cryptic. Many times, people turn to the forums because it's the only way to get anyone to actually LISTEN to their problems, instead of spewing mass bile regurgitated over and over again from some homogenized public release form.

Billing is not going to solve this problem unless given a swift kick in the rear.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi WishStone,

Tnx for fast answer, I have already sent a ticket, but i had no issue with payment and subs. it worked.

I 'm pretty disappointed by that and earing lots of plp have same issue, disappoint me more, i was just 8 days far from 400 accolade.

I hope you find a fix in short time...!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashvitto
Hi WishStone,

Tnx for fast answer, I have already sent a ticket, but i had no issue with payment and subs. it worked.

I 'm pretty disappointed by that and earing lots of plp have same issue, disappoint me more, i was just 8 days far from 400 accolade.

I hope you find a fix in short time...!
I hate to say this, but because of how the bug works, the billing department is probably going to ignore every single cry of 'this is NOT RIGHT'. It seems that when you change subscription, it may either subtract a random number of days, or the length of the subscription you switched to or from due to some error. And, while ~YOU~ know the number of days you're supposed to have, and your ingame counter reads 340 something, they see 240, or 180 something, and assume everything is peachy, and ignore what you're saying. And it's happening to every single person who's been changing their subscription since the first of the year, as far as I have found.

Cryptic, this ISN'T normal, this ISN'T right. Listen to us when we say that your internal, normal chains have ignored us, brushed us off, and we want results, no matter what the cost.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-09-2011, 08:52 AM
I know, I understand: This is a bug. The bug is: Your displayed time on the website is wrong. Nothing else. The internal system still shows the correct time. Your in-game items still should trigger normally. The only time they did not was with a bug when an account was upgraded to life-time. And even then Billing could assist if they were told all the needed information.

While I cannot talk about anyone personally, please keep in mind that the Reps at Billing you speak to are not robots. They will read your tickets and reply according to how they are worded.

* My game time is all wrong!!
# No, your game time is fine, do not worry. Have a great day!

The above is actually answering the same thing as this:

* My game time shows I only have 265 subscribed days. I am certain I should have more. Could you check what your records show?
# There is a known error in the system. Right now, your account shows as having 312 days of subscribed time. Have a great day!

In both cases the question is answered, and BOTH answers are correct. Your billing rep does not see your data the same way you do. They see database entries and other fun things with their tools. So while you may have and see the bug; they do not. They cannot.
Please always describe very closely what the problem is you see and what answer you hope to find. The more you provide, the better our CS team can respond within their limits.

*Edit: Please note that I cannot and will not discuss the Customer Service, Billing or personal experiences in detail on these forums. Such a discussion would be one-sided and lead to the thread being closed as it is against the forum rules.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-09-2011, 09:28 AM
WishStone,

Is a fix around this whole set of issues high on the priority list? I'm not affected, only by having to constantly see threads about it. A customer service problem like this that generates this much feed back through inappropriate channels should be of the highest priority. If in game features have to wait a week or two for a group to write a fix, test it in their dev environments, code review it, integrate it into main, and then release it...then so be it.

There are nice rewards tied to this and when people feel like they are being screwed out of them, they will not react well and will probably not write the best emails to CS. No matter how much you try to coach us to write good informative emails to support, a lot will still be missing details or be full of nerd rage. It falls on CS to make the best of each response no matter how poor the inquiry is. CS takes the hit for being "horrible" when they are probably more frustrated than the customer because they can't help due to lack of information and on top of it all they are getting a bad rep for it these threads, I actually feel bad for them.

It's annoying because everyone sits here and bashes customer service for something that's not their fault. It plants the seeds in everyone's brain that poor customer service exists when it may or may not be the case, this is unfair to them. If the problem was corrected as soon as possible, CS wouldn't be getting a bad rep for something that's not their fault in the first place and everyone would be happy... sounds like a win win for everyone.

*Steps down from soap box...
I used to do a form a CS, I'm support them... stay strong!
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Currently, I can only try to explain and educate. Anyone who worked with software in a complex enviornment before knows how some things can hide in places you'd never expect and tracking them is not easy. I'm well aware of the issues this causes both for our customers and for the boys and girls that sit actually right next to me these days. As with all things: It will be corrected as soon as possible. Until then, I can only point to my previous posting.