Lt. Commander
# 11
03-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
* My game time is all wrong!!
# No, your game time is fine, do not worry. Have a great day!

The above is actually answering the same thing as this:

* My game time shows I only have 265 subscribed days. I am certain I should have more. Could you check what your records show?
# There is a known error in the system. Right now, your account shows as having 312 days of subscribed time. Have a great day!
While they both answer the question, one is going to answer the question satisfactorily, one is going to inspire anger.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-09-2011, 02:40 PM
What would you have the Rep answer though?
"My game time is all wrong" can means a number of things. So all the Rep is likely to do is go: "Hm, does he have game time running right now? Yeah. Seems everything checks out. I'll let them know!"
In the most cases, CS will always say: If you need further help, please respond to the ticket. The ticket will then remain open for about 3 days. After that, the system will close it.

The other option would be to reply to such short inquires with slamming them with ALL possible answers - which would then lead to people not reading the response because there is too much information.
Really, the best way to get a response is to always include all info you can think of and ask a question you'd like to have answered. And if they did not understand, follow up! Let them know that you needed something else. It's not a problem, really.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Communication, is the key to the issue here. As Wishstone is saying, what and how you say things changes things drastically.

if you say fire, I'll look at you and say yea, it cooks well, keeps me warm at night and looks neat too! Meanwhile the Klingon BOP just uncloaked and unloaded a full alpha.

If you say, bop fire!, I'll smash my space bar and hit my throttles to get moving again.

its all about how you get the message out like Wish, is saying, try to get as much details out as you can, rarely with a CS issue can you give them to much information (ok shoe size for sto may be tmi but still) The more information you give them the better. I'm spoiled by my job where communication and detail conveyance can make or break some very important things (no I'm not a lawyer)

worse case deal, explain everything, if they don't need it, CS types are generally pretty good at filtering out things.

Oh one last thing, remember, we're several thousand players in one of two games, I'm betting the CS staff is out numbered by us at a rate of over 20:1 patience kindness and understanding go a long way.