Lt. Commander
I finally got around to doing Night of the Comet - a great movie, by the way - where you have to rescue the starbase from the Devidians. And while I'm going around trying to save the day - a comet is going to hit the starbase too, by the way - I get to that girl, Cassidy was it?, who brings the game to a screeching halt because she needs...a drink.

Playing that episode made me need one too.

I had never encountered a game-breaking, immersion-erasing moment quite like I did just then when I had to go talk to three different people about what kind of drink this girl needed before she could tell me where to find a quantum something or other...

I rather think Starfleet would frown on people needing a drink while they were working.

The sad thing is that I spent more time trying to figure out her drink than I did solving math problems from the episode before!

I like the addition of puzzles but all of the ones after the Deferi missions seem to have been of the best intentions but some of the worst execution. The Deferi ones were nice, very smart.

The worst part of this mission was actually destroying the comet. I couldn't alter the timeline so I had to destroy the comet whilst being besieged by about ten Klingon ships that I couldn't blow up. Ugh...it was dreadful! I was never so happy to be done with a mission!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2011, 02:30 PM
i like immersion puzzles, but that was kinda silly, i agree
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Her puzzle is very easy if you ask Scotty about all the drink options. Each one tells you what she does or doesn't like. IIRC, it come out to: hot, medium strength, fluted glass, spicy, touch of honey.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Out of curiosity, how was it "game-breaking"? Did your controls freeze? Did it continue to crash on you at that point? Were you getting "Server Disconnected" messages trying to complete the drink order?

Stick with the "immersion-breaking".

I thought that the part where you are fighting off the Klingons while destroying that comet was pretty fun. I think that it would make it "more urgent" if they put a timer on completing that part.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
The worst part of this mission was actually destroying the comet. I couldn't alter the timeline so I had to destroy the comet whilst being besieged by about ten Klingon ships that I couldn't blow up. Ugh...it was dreadful! I was never so happy to be done with a mission!
Actually you could have destroyed they other D7s as long as it was Captiain... err whats his face's
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2011, 02:38 PM
I agree, being a bartender really was...well it...ya

Apart from that, I had so much fun being in a TOS setting.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2011, 02:40 PM
I think we should be given the option to knock Casey out instead of that other poor gal desperately trying to run her diagnostics on that console.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2011, 02:42 PM
I wished for the generic renegade option here: kick her out of the window. or missing a window at least punch her in the face a few times.

Or have a row of people, AIRPLANE! style queue up to give her a whack.

"Here lady i have something to calm you down! " *gets out a phaser and stuns the broad*
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-08-2011, 02:42 PM
10 klingon ships? Besieged?

Did it occur to you to destroy the comet pieces one at a time and then deal with the 2 spawning battleships, then another fragment, then another two battleships etc...

hehe, if you go crazy on all the fragments then you'll end up with an armada on your tail
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
Her puzzle is very easy if you ask Scotty about all the drink options. Each one tells you what she does or doesn't like. IIRC, it come out to: hot, medium strength, fluted glass, spicy, touch of honey.
That's what I thought at first too...but she liked the Bloodwine and she liked the Whiskey and she liked the fruit and the umbrella and it was frustrating. Then you'd go get her a drink and come back just to have her say: "thank you, thank you, thank you, get me another one..." It was very tedious. I should have been able to give her a light phasering.