Lt. Commander
# 11
03-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskin
Actually you could have destroyed they other D7s as long as it was Captiain... err whats his face's
That would have been good information to have. At one point I was using FBP and it destroyed one of the ships and then you get the red "X" that says you altered the timeline...so I had to start it over.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
10 klingon ships? Besieged?

Did it occur to you to destroy the comet pieces one at a time and then deal with the 2 spawning battleships, then another fragment, then another two battleships etc...

hehe, if you go crazy on all the fragments then you'll end up with an armada on your tail
I went to blow up the comet and the Klingon ships came after me. I smashed the comet and then the Klingons made it impossible for me to stick around. I ran away and they followed. This started a 20 minute long exercise where I had to make long, lazy loops around the system with all these Klingons following me so that I could come around, smash a fragment, and then race away as they Klingons started pummeling me. I finally started using my TBR to push the fragments in my direction so that they were easier to get to as I made yet another circuit of the system. It was infuriating because the Klingons were able to deal massive amounts of damage even when I was outside their targeting range.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-08-2011, 01:59 PM
I agree, that part with trying to make the right mix drink wasn't the best, but I had fun trying to mix and match the different combinations, I think even at one point I made it wrong and just tried to give it scotty.

I can't remember what happened, but nonetheless I think an option to use a hypo on her or some other seditive would have been helpful too after like three tries of making the drink and failing, just to give players the option to move along the mission if they were stuck at that point.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Can you imagine being a Klingon and having to calm that girl down!?! Running around the station asking people how to make her drink?! Ya that broke some immersion. I still got a kick out of it.

I would rather have had my crew stand around her and call her bad names and laugh at her, sounds more Klingon to me for some reason :p
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekTheStars
Can you imagine being a Klingon and having to calm that girl down!?! Running around the station asking people how to make her drink?! Ya that broke some immersion. I still got a kick out of it.

I would rather have had my crew stand around her and call her bad names and laugh at her, sounds more Klingon to me for some reason :p
Or a Klingon standing beside a lethian and a Reman bo.
The KDF version of the question should be you walking up to her and asking the questions and she screams "ok here it is. just don't throw me out of the airlock" and runs away
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
... if you go crazy on all the fragments then you'll end up with an armada on your tail
.. and that sire, was why I was laughing and thoroughly enjoying that part :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-08-2011, 02:29 PM
From a logic point the mission made no sense whatsoever.
So, you are back in time to destroy that comet.
Right on, there it is ...
but
the game doesn't lets you do it, you have to save the station first,
mix the girl a drink etc.
When you would save the station as well by blowing the comet up right away.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
I went to blow up the comet and the Klingon ships came after me. I smashed the comet and then the Klingons made it impossible for me to stick around. I ran away and they followed. This started a 20 minute long exercise where I had to make long, lazy loops around the system with all these Klingons following me so that I could come around, smash a fragment, and then race away as they Klingons started pummeling me. I finally started using my TBR to push the fragments in my direction so that they were easier to get to as I made yet another circuit of the system. It was infuriating because the Klingons were able to deal massive amounts of damage even when I was outside their targeting range.
The battlecruiser spam is a little out of control on that part of the mission, since they seem a bit OP in their damage and resistances. But you can "kill" them two at a time and solve that problem. You do have to keep up with them though, otherwise they will wipe you out quick. They don't "die" when you destroy them, just become disabled. As far as I can tell, there isn't actually any way to fail the "don't change the timeline" objective.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-08-2011, 02:44 PM
For anyone who wants to replay this, I read somewhere you can actually just buy the Nerve Tonic food item, maybe at the bar on Drozana. I think this would let you skip the entire bartending segment of the mission and just hand the drink over to her.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Actually, just so you know, you don't even have to talk to the Bartender or the Waitress first. You can go straight to Scotty, find out what she likes and then go to the Bartender to mix the drink.