Lt. Commander
I will start with, apparently I have lost alot of work within the last hour. I was editing some branched dialogue and while I am unsure of the circumstance that led to it, an entire map of mine was wiped utterly clean of every placed object I had on it. I did not discover this until after I had already saved the project from the dialogue editing. Are there any revision control schemes in place for in work Foundry missions, and are there ways that a player can access them in case they make a mistake or an event occurs? I did attempt to import the published version of the mission that at least had some of the more recent changes to it, and would have greatly sped up my recovery time, but when I loaded the imported version, it was in the exact same state as the original mission. Im looking to see what recourse I have short of recreating things and wondering if there is a)any way to determine what happened and b)have the option to recover information, even after a save.
The project number in question is st-to29sih5h The version published does still seem to play as it was before I started the background edits to add more content to the map in question.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Another Advanced Dialogue Bug
03-08-2011, 09:51 PM
I had a similar but less severe problem. I spent about 2 hours working on a big dialogue tree and at the end when I went back to story flow I found that two advanced dialogues and 2-3 basic dialogues had completely disappeared.

Is there some sort of limit for dialogue, that after we hit it the system starts eating other assets? Something like that would leave me in a very awkward position of not doing anything out of fear that my big dialogue would be the next one cut down.

A reversion system would help, I suppose. I'm more concerned about things randomly disappearing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2011, 10:01 PM
AS am I, I was wondering the same thing is if the branched dialogue had eaten something, it wouldn't have been so bad if I had seen the map before I hit save, but I was in the dialogue tab and I didn't know I would need to flip through all tabs before saving.