Lt. Commander
Or u'll get stuck with lame mkII reman sheilds. and romulan disrupter. Why not have them with infiniitity symbol?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2011, 06:25 AM
You are not stuck with anything. When you advance in rank, you can rerun the same mission through Mission Replay (goto your Bridge and Captain's ready room and use console in there to get the mission again).

At higher ranks, you will get higher tiered rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Aye, this does indeed suck, but I suppose it encourages replay... And personally, I'm hoping that they're going to have the Romulan weapons drop along side the plasma stuff while levelling through Romulan Space... Pipe dream probably, but one can always hope :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2011, 06:45 AM
why does everything have to have level neutral rewards? (i.e. infinity)

i think this is great...it allows for replay. (if you chose to get the shields again and the weapons)

if you also have noticed, the remen shields match up to top of the line COV shields...you just dont get the neat effects.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2011, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphenoix
Aye, this does indeed suck, but I suppose it encourages replay... And personally, I'm hoping that they're going to have the Romulan weapons drop along side the plasma stuff while levelling through Romulan Space... Pipe dream probably, but one can always hope :p
Thank's but there is plenty of repetition in this game Rare items like that should level up. instead of grinding out the same mission to get the updated gear.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWY777
Thank's but there is plenty of repetition in this game Rare items like that should level up. instead of grinding out the same mission to get the updated gear.
Agreed. Someone should replay a mission because they liked it, not because they have to for gear.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-09-2011, 08:09 AM
OR one could just wait it out till they're a VADM and get the best shields out of the deal. All my characters except my current SCI guy have run these missions, and the other featured, series missions as an End-Game scenario. The reason I ran my SCI guy through now was to ensure he got the Reman Sci Officer.

Did I just defeat my own arguement? oh well
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Quote:
lmao...like it is real difficult to replay the mission that takes all of what? 30 mins if you relax and enjoy it?
15 if you run thru like a cheeta...

dont agree with you...just sayin.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Agreed. And especially with the shields they have taken this to a new level of ridiculousness since the only thing special about them is the appearance. So essentially we end up having to replay a mission at every rank to get the ship costume we want.

Quite sure this was done for Klingon reasons. While Feds have way more content than needed to level, the Klingons don't. Getting them to grind for what seems like something other than skill points is the only reason I've been able to come up with for the change from leveling rewards that makes any sense. Interestingly this means that now all players get to suffer for the lack of Klingon content so that should give them a bit of satisfaction.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Agreed. And especially with the shields they have taken this to a new level of ridiculousness since the only thing special about them is the appearance. So essentially we end up having to replay a mission at every rank to get the ship costume we want.

Quite sure this was done for Klingon reasons. While Feds have way more content than needed to level, the Klingons don't. Getting them to grind for what seems like something other than skill points is the only reason I've been able to come up with for the change from leveling rewards that makes any sense. Interestingly this means that now all players get to suffer for the lack of Klingon content so that should give them a bit of satisfaction.
or could be fact that no level items are low end junk, and are weaker than lvl specific items, and devs decided give us some good ship components not low end garbage.