Lt. Commander
# 11
03-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Devs shouldn't auto-complete objectives.
They should if the objective is broken, which in this case I would argue it is.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:

So, you didn't pull Hakeev's aggro away from the buildings on the second pass?
How exactly am I supposed to do that with all the other NPC's running around? He was the only target I was shooting, and Hakeev "decided" to run off after some other target.

The real issue is I'm playing Star Trek Online, not DC Universe. If I was, I could have just flew up there and completed the mission. Instead, the NPC's are "leaping tall buildings in a single bound", while I'm only able to jump about 2 feet in the air.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bactchan View Post
THE POINT IS that the GM response was lousy. There is no reason an on-duty GM couldn't have come in, forced the objective to complete, and left. Five minutes tops. Crappy customer service, you guys. You can and should do better.

PS: this happened to me too and I was fortunate enough to catch him on the ground the second time around.
"no reason" other than company policy. If you want to blame someone, blame the company itself. Don't blame the GM for following the policies he was given, and don't blame him for not wanting to get fired. It's not his fault that company policy prevents him from doing your work for you.

I've had this exact mission problem, myself. You know what I did? I beamed out, and back down. Fixed the problem for me. Five minutes tops. And the best part....I didn't have to waste a GM's time.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-09-2011, 11:10 AM
The Breen Missions had similar issues when I did my run through them. Not sure how a guy in that bulky of a suit can jump that hi. Devs need to fix some parameters here and there. My group last night had similar issues with Hakeev, luckily someone used a knockdown gun to get him on the ground. Hopefully the Devs will fix this, without more name calling from penut gallery
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Software developers also shouldn't put out bugged content, but we know how that goes.

Bionic NPC's have been an issue for a while. I can understand letting them jump twice as high / far as we can simply because AI pathing is sub-optimal and the danger of them getting hung up on map geometry is high. But leaping to the roofs of buildings? Seriously? That needs to be fixed.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Maybe the key is to wait till he jumps down from the ledge before he's killed.

Not a fix but worth a try. It worked for me.

::shrug::
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Darren and Cuatela both miss the point by lightyears. If the policy for GMs is not to offer assistance to players in trouble, then why do they even have a job? And you'll note I said GM's, Darren, not Devs. The Devs are at fault for making broken content. The GM's are at fault for not actually providing customer service and helping people through the broken content when it's needed.
The problem with the GM's seems to be systemic, too. I've never seen a game where the response from a bug report has been so scant. Over a month on some bug reports and nothing more than an automated form letter when the ticket was filed. I work in IT as deskside support for a large company. If I performed my job like these guys I'd have been fired long ago. It's inexcusable.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bactchan View Post
The problem with the GM's seems to be systemic, too. I've never seen a game where the response from a bug report has been so scant. Over a month on some bug reports and nothing more than an automated form letter when the ticket was filed. I work in IT as deskside support for a large company. If I performed my job like these guys I'd have been fired long ago. It's inexcusable.
GM's don't respond to bug reports, and the only response you will get is an automated one.
THere are other methods in game to get help, but I've never used them so I'm not sure what they are or how long the wait is.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Am I the only one to have Hakeev die on a pile of rubble on the ground?

I feel lucky.

Lt. Commander
# 20
03-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Me and a fleet mate had this same problem, the second time threw we ignor the other mobs and kept him targets and drew him off his ledge before we let use with a full barrage killing him before he could try the stunt again