Lt. Commander
I've been gone awhile and now I see we have slipstream to travel through sector space, I see ships with what look like Borg addons and Im wondering how do you get those?

thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2011, 08:41 AM
Slipstream is a benefit skill earned by reaching Vice Admiral in rank.

The Aegis set (some call it Tron-set): Through reshearch at Memory Alpha

Borg set:

Universal Assmiliated console: Story mission: Assimilated

Assimilated Subtranswarp engine: STF mission: Infected

Assimilated Graviton Deflector Array: STF mission: The Cure

Assimilated Borg Regenerative shield: STF mission: Khitomer accord.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Also now we have the Experimental Reman shields from the new series.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Slipstream is a benefit skill earned by reaching Vice Admiral in rank.

The Aegis set (some call it Tron-set): Through reshearch at Memory Alpha

Borg set:

Universal Assmiliated console: Story mission: Assimilated

Assimilated Subtranswarp engine: STF mission: Infected

Assimilated Graviton Deflector Array: STF mission: The Cure

Assimilated Borg Regenerative shield: STF mission: Khitomer accord.
I like the look of the Aegis set but not a fan of doing research through Memory Alpha (well atleast the last time I was there) hopefully it's been better. Do you know if there's a guide for it?

Can the STF missions be done solo? When I left it was impossible to accomplish.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanNewBoy View Post
Also now we have the Experimental Reman shields from the new series.
Really?!? How do you get those?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Do the Weekly series and you'll get those and other loot you can't get elsewhere in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-El
Really?!? How do you get those?
There is a series of Romulan v Reman episode missions in the Psi Velorum sector block (although the first mission actually starts at Sierra-39). The first mission is called 'The Vault' look for it from Admiral T'nea at Sierra-39.

In the first episode, you get a Type-8 shuttle that you need to use, although you can use a Runabout instead if you have one (and it is slightly better).

You get the Reman shields in episode 4, Colliseum. The Reman shields are essentially covariant [Cap]x2 shields with cool graphics affects. The award you receive on the mission matches your current rank, so if you're a Commander you'll get Mark VI, Captain Mark VIII, etc.

BTW, you'll want to know about mission replay. You can now run any of the story line missions again by going to the ready room off your bridge and using the console on the desk to get it re-assigned. When you rank up, you can replay the Colliseum mission to get the award at the next higher rank.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Karrde
Do the Weekly series and you'll get those and other loot you can't get elsewhere in the game.
Weekly? man I have been gone awhile. Where do I go to do the weekly series?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumibe
There is a series of Romulan v Reman episode missions in the Psi Velorum sector block (although the first mission actually starts at Sierra-39). The first mission is called 'The Vault' look for it from Admiral T'nea at Sierra-39.

In the first episode, you get a Type-8 shuttle that you need to use, although you can use a Runabout instead if you have one (and it is slightly better).

You get the Reman shields in episode 4, Colliseum. The Reman shields are essentially covariant [Cap]x2 shields with cool graphics affects. The award you receive on the mission matches your current rank, so if you're a Commander you'll get Mark VI, Captain Mark VIII, etc.

BTW, you'll want to know about mission replay. You can now run any of the story line missions again by going to the ready room off your bridge and using the console on the desk to get it re-assigned. When you rank up, you can replay the Colliseum mission to get the award at the next higher rank.
thanks for the info i'll definitely try that. i always wanted to reply the mission to get the other loot always resorted to using another character to do it. thanks again.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-El
Can the STF missions be done solo? When I left it was impossible to accomplish.
NO, and they take hours each. good luck with it