Lt. Commander
# 1 Returning
03-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Greetings,

I am finally going to be home soon after being gone for about 10 months and was wondering what the latest changes were to the game. I wasn't very high level to begin with but was just curious what to look forward to when I got back. Was also wondering if lifetime sub is worth it. I heard the episodes are pretty cool and really add to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2011, 09:40 AM
There are a lot of new things to the game, it'll take too long to list them all.

Basically sector space is different. The featured episodes are amazing and a lot of fun. New ships. We'll soon be getting Foundry which will allow users to create missions. There is so much more. I suggest taking a look at the Engineering Reports section of the forum and the release notes

I feel that a lifetime subscription is worth it. First of all after about 2 or 3 years you are essentially playing the game for free. You could also look at it in such a way that the longer you play the less it comes out to per month. So if the lifetime subscription is $300 and you play for 600 days then its $0.50 a day. Also you get some added bonuses that others don't, and you're guaranteed all the Veteran rewards. The game has been improving a lot since launch and I foresee it to continue improving and becoming an amazing game and to be honest I'm glad I'm a lifer so I can see the changes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2011, 01:27 PM
How about the community? Are there fleets regularly recruiting these days?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2011, 01:30 PM
A lot of them. As a matter of fact I'm recruiting for my fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2011, 01:42 PM
That eyesore earth space dock is finally gone! They replaced it with a more standard looking one. That was the biggest surprise for me when I came back a few weeks ago.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-09-2011, 06:41 PM
A fleet that would be helpful in helping me relearn the game would be awesome. Like I stated before I wasn't very high in level. I know beforehand I was part of a fleet that made playing feel like a job most of the time and they had a super rp heavy ruleset. I don't mind rp but at the same time I don't think it 24/7. I know I was higher than 10, lol. Never made it to Earth. I did, however, make it to Memory Alpha. I'm excited to be back and playing, just feel overwhelmed is all.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-09-2011, 06:43 PM
That's exactly what my fleet is for. The idea of my fleet actually came from my STO website (link in signature below). The site and fleet is called the STO Academy. We don't have many strict rules.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-09-2011, 06:54 PM
I really liked your website for your fleet. Unfortunately I can't log in until I'm home, other than that I would apply. My rank was Lt. Commander when I left. I feel so small and insignificant because of it but I plan on fixing that.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Before you know it you'll reach Vice Admiral and you won't know what to do after that. I'll log into the game and send you an invite. The next time you log in you should see an invite to the fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Thank you for the invitation. I remember during beta and right after release that people would hit the rank caps very quickly. Not looking to completely blast up there but when I was doing missions and what not it still felt a little on the grindy side, which I don't mind it just felt like I was doing something wrong versus everyone else. Now that I think about it I'm trying to rremember my account entitlements now. Closed Beta, Collector's Edition, and as soon as I'm home, Lifetime Sub.