Lt. Commander
After reading 10 Reasons Why You Should Play Star Trek Online

I found this on the website

5 Plot Holes We Just Donít Discuss

http://furiousfanboys.com/2011/02/5-...mpaign=scribol

after gogleling to find some Star Trek content like this I found this

http://felixlung.com/2009/05/18/star...es-and-issues/

i.e.

1. Technobabble. We all know Trek suffered from too much technobabble through the years - from Star Trek TNG all the way to ST Enterprise. For Star Trek, weíve got one MAJOR technobabble. RED MATTER. WTH.. this red goo which looks like blood is arguably the most powerful and destructive force known to the Star Trek universe. I mean - IT CREATES BLACK HOLES FOR GOODNESS SAKES. Now with that said.. why in Godís name is Spock carrying so much of it when a simple drop of Red Matter creates the black hole necessary to suck in that supernova anyhow?

what do you think?
Anyone got any other things/story they wanna share like the above?
As anyone spotted STO plot hole yet?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Haha in The Path to 2409 it even talks about how the Federation questioned the Vulcans about the amount of Red Matter Spock had.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2011, 01:50 PM
When Picard left the Nexus and went back 10 minutes Veridian III, shouldn't there have been two Picards on Veridian III?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwane View Post
When Picard left the Nexus and went back 10 minutes Veridian III, shouldn't there have been two Picards on Veridian III?
Even worse:

Since Picard was so distraught over the death of his Nephew in the fire (mentioned as the start of the Film); why didn't he go back to prevent that tragedy (or hell, at least consider the possibilty)? Had he done that - his nephew would be alive and a few subspace radio messages later Soran and the Duras sisters would be in custody.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Even worse:

Since Picard was so distraught over the death of his Nephew in the fire (mentioned as the start of the Film); why didn't he go back to prevent that tragedy (or hell, at least consider the possibilty)? Had he done that - his nephew would be alive and a few subspace radio messages later Soran and the Duras sisters would be in custody.
Because Starfleet has strict rules about tempering the the timeline
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwane View Post
5 Plot Holes We Just Donít Discuss
Either we discuss them or the above statement was a lie. I say we don't discuss them.

/Bacon Bomb
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2011, 02:15 PM
If Picard had to go into the Nexus in order to stop Soran, is he technically still in there, and everything we see concerning him afterwards still technically inside the reality of the energy ribbon? The reason I bring this up is because Guinan mentions that no one leaves there willingly, and that the survivors of the transport that she and Soran were on were forcibly ripped away when the Enterprise-B transported them out, while they were still in the process of being phased into the Nexus. With this in mind, is Picard still in the Nexus, but believes he is not? And if he is, what would he do should he come to the realization that he has been living nothing but a dream since he first went in? On top of this, where would the ribbon, on its original altered path, end up going to next?

This is also brings into question Airwane's question...why weren't there two Picards on Viridian III when he supposedly went back in time to stop Soran?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Even worse:

they needed a reason for Picard to be angsty that wouldn't actually affect anything, that's all. It's a sign of bad writing and it's far from the only one present in Generations, unfortunately. :/
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2011, 02:22 PM
I only have one answer to the Two Picards: Alternate Reality.

They say that when you make a decision and go one way, theres another you that made the opposite decision. So Picard went back but he went back to an alternate reality that was the same as his.

*shrug* Its one of those plot holes we cant explain cause its Trek. lol