Lt. Commander
# 21
03-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-NRG
And yes, you answered your own question... that's why it's called FARMING .. you have to work for it .. not being handed out on a silver platter
Yes, another post from someone who thinks nobody should have anything in the game until they've proven that they "deserve" it. While we're at it, you know let's just lower the drop rate on rare traces from 1 in 10 to 1 in 10,000. And make it so that when you complete a two-hour STF mission, you only have a 1 in 100 chance of getting the item reward. That would REALLY be working for it! And we could all be uber proud of how hard we worked!

Guess what, it's a game, not a job. I pay to play a game, not to be frustrated by broken mechanics or to waste my time on some mindless, endless, pointless grind. And I don't care if you think I "worked for it" or not.

Of course Cryptic structures tasks within the game so that you have to spend a nontrivial amount of /played to get things you want; that's the entire point of the product. Farming for crafting already requires a consistent and nontrivial investment of time, most of which you can fortunately combine with time you're already spending to achieve other goals. But there's a difference between spending a reasonable amount of effort to get a reward, and just repeating a mindless, meaningless task to infinity, for no discernible reason, because of a broken and imbalanced mechanic.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Text text
Actually in one night (4-6 hours) farming for particles I made out 10 aegis sets, and still keep stock of 10 of each rare particle traces. When ever i drop one uneven, i trade one ... or go farm a bit. What is the fuss?
Oh not to mention, EC is abundant and exchange is there. And a simple zone tell in alpha, about trading worked miracles. And i never did an STF.

Cryptic please add more NPC. Add more *self sufficient* mechanics in to MMO. Turn STO in to a single player game. It would be about time.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-NRG
Actually in one night (4-6 hours) farming for particles I made out 10 aegis sets
Wow, Aegis sets; the one craftable item that actually gives me a use for those 50+ Duderon traces that have been rotting in my bank for months. Now try farming up something that matters, like a set of eight Mk XI purple beam arrays; or a couple Mk XI trico torpedo launders, or one of each Mk X purple kit for your profession; or even just a full set of rifles, shields, and body armor for your ground crew. And good luck spamming zone chat for someone to trade you 1 Antithoron, Chronometric, or Vertion for 100 Dekyons. There's a reason the three "golden" trace types go for 100x as much on the exchange as every other type; and it's not because this system is "working as intended." It's because sometimes stuff gets out of balance and needs fixing. And there is a simple fix for this problem.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-25-2011, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Wow, Aegis sets; the one craftable item that actually gives me a use for those 50+ Duderon traces that have been rotting in my bank months. Now try farming up something that matters, like a set of eight Mk XI purple beam arrays; or a couple Mk XI trico torpedo launders, or one of each Mk X purple kit for your profession; or even just a full set of rifles, shields, and body armor for your ground crew. And good luck spamming zone chat for someone to trade you 1 Antithoron, Chronometric, or Vertion for 100 Dekyons. There's a reason the three "golden" trace types go for 100x as much on the exchange as every other type; and it's not because this system is "working as intended." It's because sometimes stuff gets out of balance and needs fixing. And there is a simple fix for this problem.
Adding a Whole New "NPC Trading System" is hardly what I would call a simple fix...

As I said up-thread...

...Just adjust the Crafting Tree with New Ubber-Items that require the Rare Traces that are 'piling up' in players banks... (at all levels)...

or change a few of the already existing items formulas, for the same reason...

(actually, it seems form this weeks Patch notes, that the Dev's ARE apparently adjusting the Crafting Tree...
...we'll just have to see if this adjustment, includes a re-arranging of how the Rare Traces are used.)
Lt. Commander
# 25 Flood
03-28-2011, 05:48 AM
I am 100% against the overflood of very rare items on exchange.