Lt. Commander
# 1 Predator VS Naussicans!
03-09-2011, 08:04 PM
OK, i have to say this.

Has anyone notices how much Star Treks Naussicans seem to be basically Predators from the movies?

The looks are very alike, but it's like way back before humans had made it into the stars and the Naussicans just came here to hunt and play. Using ancient cloaking tech and personal shields, which is why they don't get killed in the movies by just a few rounds.

Even the writing is the same, red lettering and with sharp claw like strokes, as if part of the Klingon empire. The walls of the ships insides, look very much Klingon.

This brings into question the Aliens, factor....
What are Aliens in Star Trek "Alien" Terms?

Do humans know Naussicans were here on Earth hundreds of years ago to hunt for sport?
If so do we hold a grudge?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Hirogen = Predators
Undine = Alien
Human = Vulcan
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Breen = Ubese (Boushh)

Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2011, 08:55 PM
caitains = thundercats
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Tellarites = Ugnaughts.

Wait...that would be the other way around.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-10-2011, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charrio View Post
OK, i have to say this.

Has anyone notices how much Star Treks Naussicans seem to be basically Predators from the movies?

The looks are very alike, but it's like way back before humans had made it into the stars and the Naussicans just came here to hunt and play. Using ancient cloaking tech and personal shields, which is why they don't get killed in the movies by just a few rounds.

Even the writing is the same, red lettering and with sharp claw like strokes, as if part of the Klingon empire. The walls of the ships insides, look very much Klingon.

This brings into question the Aliens, factor....
What are Aliens in Star Trek "Alien" Terms?

Do humans know Naussicans were here on Earth hundreds of years ago to hunt for sport?
If so do we hold a grudge?
Naussicans look like "predetor" yes but there ends the similarity you don't compare apples with oranges do you? totally different universes "star trek" vs "predator". :p but yeah your right, do look allot like them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-10-2011, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxsa
Naussicans look like "predetor" yes but there ends the similarity you don't compare apples with oranges do you? totally different universes "star trek" vs "predator". :p but yeah your right, do look allot like them.
Very true, just really saw visual similarity between the two and very close ones at that.

Using the tactical stealth kit, you can make a Naussican cloak just like his Movie counterpart lol
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-10-2011, 04:43 AM
Darn. I was hoping for a "Who would win in a fight between..." type thread. I love answering those.

... So I will anyway!

The Nausicaans have the gramba, but the Predators have personal cloaking devices, nets, spears, discs, shoulder-cannons, plus they can see in the dark and are highly resistant to pain. Yeah, I'm giving this one to the intergalactic hunters.

Besides which, even if the Nausicaan can somehow manage an upset, the Predator would just unleash his nuclear failsafe device and kill everything within a quarter mile, making the whole match a wash.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-10-2011, 04:53 AM
Nausicaans are also highly resistant to pain. In a DS9 episode Brunt hired two as bodyguards. The two Nausicaans were throwing darts into each others chest. Brunt was talking to someone and said something like all Nausicaan games involve pain.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-10-2011, 04:57 AM
I doubt it's simply a coincidence that a Nausicaan can be configured (with his mask and all) to resemble a predator quite well. In fact I did set up my nausicaan boff to look that way