Lt. Commander
# 11
03-10-2011, 05:15 AM
There was also that species in an episode of Voyager, when Chakotay is used as a defender on that one planet.

They looked a lot like predators, but it turned out they were the good guys and the humans were evil. Who knew
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-10-2011, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdeadjedi View Post
There was also that species in an episode of Voyager, when Chakotay is used as a defender on that one planet.

They looked a lot like predators, but it turned out they were the good guys and the humans were evil. Who knew
Oh man that was an awesome episode. And I agree with Chakotay: "I wish it were as easy to stop hating as it was to start."

I think them looking like nasty aliens didn't help their case either. In the VOY: Nemisis they're known as the Kadrin though - fighting the human like Vori.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherine
Oh man that was an awesome episode. And I agree with Chakotay: "I wish it were as easy to stop hating as it was to start."

I think them looking like nasty aliens didn't help their case either. In the VOY: Nemisis they're known as the Kadrin though - fighting the human like Vori.
Was it the Niri in TNG, the fish looking people? When those delegates beam on the ship Wesley is all like"Gross!" and I believe his mom said that to them we are equally disgusting looking.

My favorite line is when Worf is there looking at them and remarks, "What a handsome race."

Isn't predator also done by paramount? Maybe they are the same race? And it was the Nausicans that made first contact not the Vulcans!
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-10-2011, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxsa
you don't compare apples with oranges do you?
They're both fruit
They both grown on trees
They're both round
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-10-2011, 08:26 AM
It might be fun to have a Foundry mission where there's a Hirogen hunting an Undine. It would be too derivative, IMHO, to be the main/sole plot but it would be kinda fun as a side element.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-10-2011, 08:45 AM
star trek voyager: nemesis the Kradin
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Nemesis_%28episode%29
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
I doubt it's simply a coincidence that a Nausicaan can be configured (with his mask and all) to resemble a predator quite well. In fact I did set up my nausicaan boff to look that way
I did too on one of my captains, even named him Pred'Atur

Then got my Naussican on my Fed Ambassador and while hitting random names it cranked out "Chips".

My Naussican exchange officer looks like a predator and it's name is Chips...
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by President_Shinzon View Post
I did too on one of my captains, even named him Pred'Atur

Then got my Naussican on my Fed Ambassador and while hitting random names it cranked out "Chips".

My Naussican exchange officer looks like a predator and it's name is Chips...
That is beautiful. Just beautiful. As beautiful as meeting Dr. Tran.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Predator and Aliens are done by Fox so they're not..."exactly" the same. But they do bear an uncanny resemblance. I was actually thinking about this a while back...predator ships can cloak, they fire plasma cannons, and they're highly maneuverable. I don't know if they have shields of not, but otherwise they'd make a good match against a star trek universe ship.

Aliens, however, would probably be easily killed by phasers. The whole acid blood thing wouldn't matter much if the wounds are cauterized. But on that note...imagine this:

Borg vs. Aliens.
Ensign
# 20 no contest
03-19-2014, 02:34 PM
Predator and Aliens are done by Fox so they're not..."exactly" the same. But they do bear an uncanny resemblance. I was actually thinking about this a while back...predator ships can cloak, they fire plasma cannons, and they're highly maneuverable. I don't know if they have shields of not, but otherwise they'd make a good match against a star trek universe ship.

Aliens, however, would probably be easily killed by phasers. The whole acid blood thing wouldn't matter much if the wounds are cauterized. But on that note...imagine this:

Borg vs. Aliens.

Reply: since the Aliens have accidic blood the Borg could't assimilate them, thus forcing them to eliminate them. ergo Battle=Aliens War=Borg