Lt. Commander
# 11
03-11-2011, 02:34 AM
PVE is always just a temporaly challenge, you do it 1-3 times and the next time you know exactly what is going to happen where and when and what you need to do at those times.

PVP is never the same, you always face a real person and real persons make odd decisions and have wierd layouts for their ships. Even fighting the same player is different, because he or she will not always make the same moved us the same tricks (if they are any good)

As for your challenge there is a issue, most PVErs tend to have skill points spread in ground and space, while pvpers tend to have only 1 of them specced.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-11-2011, 04:13 AM
Pretty ridiculous post.

"We PvP'rs know you don't enjoy competing against other players in video games, therefore we challenge you to an online video game competition."

Really?
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-11-2011, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasos
Pretty ridiculous post.

"We PvP'rs know you don't enjoy competing against other players in video games, therefore we challenge you to an online video game competition."

Really?
Hence the friendly challenge to get people mixing it up. Not too many PvEers PvP and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The intention didn't really seem to be a "measuring contest", more "let's do something together to see what the rest of us is doing all day"...

I wish we could just all be friends.

Mustrum "Don't think I even have all purple gear yet on any toons" Ridcully
Yep, that was it. Clearly a bad idea though

(For the record, I still use all Green weapons:p)
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-11-2011, 05:58 AM
Many players make PVE and PVP. Subsequently, it can undoubtedly be much better in PvE.
The problem of PVP is that there is too often insults against the new players or players who are not good. After that, it's not surprising that few players don't want make PVP. You cry against cloaked tractor mines. In Capture And Hold it's not a problem (seriously, it's just part of the game).
You say that players who have KDF players are better than the FED, while many players have characters in the two camps ...
Sometimes, some players who make PvP, believe to be very good, and when they die, they cry NERFF !

PS : I saw some screens with ships and many cloaked tractor mines. If you see the mines is that they are in the same camp as the ship. Perhaps a voluntary assembly to ban this mines... (It's just my opinion)
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-11-2011, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foss View Post
Many players make PVE and PVP. Subsequently, it can undoubtedly be much better in PvE.
The problem of PVP is that there is too often insults against the new players or players who are not good. After that, it's not surprising that few players don't want make PVP. You cry against cloaked tractor mines. In Capture And Hold it's not a problem (seriously, it's just part of the game).
You say that players who have KDF players are better than the FED, while many players have characters in the two camps ...
Sometimes, some players who make PvP, believe to be very good, and when they die, they cry NERFF !

PS : I saw some screens with ships and many cloaked tractor mines. If you see the mines is that they are in the same camp as the ship. Perhaps a voluntary assembly to ban this mines... (It's just my opinion)
That is the keyword all it takes it a couple on a team. The latest trend I have seen from some Fleets is this they will not use mines unless they are losing once they are down lets say 8-2 you almost think their ships must have taken an ex-lax.

On a side note if I notice someone has their mine layers on auto fire in a cap N hold I put my tractor beam mines on autofire right outside their spawn and alpha them once they are stuck.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Yes? No? Horrible idea?
Thank you for making this into a multiple choice question. I underlined my answer, have a great day.