Lt. Commander
So I've heard a lot of advice to turn off dynamic lighting so the game won't crash on ground missions, but I heard someone mention dynamic lighting doesn't even work to begin with, and the game looks MUCH better on nVidia cards because it DOES work on them. This reminded me that I noticed I couldn't see much difference when toggling dynamic lighting on and off.

Okay, I want a good test for this. Not wanting to swap my video cards back and forth.. can someone demonstrate a scene where turning dynamic lighting makes a visible difference that's easy to see on a nVidia card, so those of us with AMD cards can see about replicating it? Screen shots might be handy too.

And I'd really like some feedback from a dev on this. This is real bad if the nice graphics the game has don't support AMD cards at all.

How much did nVidia pay for their logo everywhere? And how much did they pay to break AMD support for the game?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Okay, did some quick tests, and it looks like it's making a difference with weapons fire, at least. Which is a relief. Anyone else have any data or good tests for dynamic lighting?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-10-2011, 01:18 AM
Try the Devidian missions. expecially the one in the depths of drozana station.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-10-2011, 05:02 AM
While dynamic lighting works.
I have to keep my ati card HIS 6950 set to 3 lights and 2 shadowed lights to prevent random crashes.
Nvidia cards have there own issues documented in the drivers with 400+ series cards and shadows