Lt. Commander
Can we please have a Location arrow or icon on the star maps for quests?
It can just be for the quest you have on priority, or such.

I have been playing for a week or two and found this lacking and it would help a ton with new players lost in that massive star chart, It can be something only on the default mode so maybe Advanced players can choose to not use it or use it?

Also in Away missions, can we have a map location for quests as well?
Nothing big but maybe a better tricorder scan?
Say Give Scientists a greater scan, or option to see what they are scanning, like a floating icon giving a reading?

Maybe something like Dead Space's navigational beacon line or such for new players which you can toggle on or off for advanced play?

Just a few ideas I would love to see added, I'm not alone wishing this was available.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2011, 03:46 AM
If you click on your active mission in the missions list, it tells you what SECTOR and system to go to for that incident.

Then just click on the Mini Map, and set it to Galaxy View, and you will find all of the SECTORs listed there. Your location is shown, and that gives you the direction you need to proceed to that next sector.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2011, 03:47 AM
Mmmm, as this is Star Trek you really should just be able to tell your computer where you want to go and have the ship navigate there. This is currently only possible if your location is within the current instance (or sector) - were the whole map one huge instance this would be possible across the board....
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2011, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd_harding
Mmmm, as this is Star Trek you really should just be able to tell your computer where you want to go and have the ship navigate there. This is currently only possible if your location is within the current instance (or sector) - were the whole map one huge instance this would be possible across the board....
I like this idea, Maybe have it take you to the edge of the map your supposed to zone at, then when you zone just click, the auto pilot again and continue on?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2011, 06:55 AM
Use the system list under the map UI. Find your destination, double click and off you go.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Use the system list under the map UI. Find your destination, double click and off you go.
That helped so much, thank you!
I wish that had been in the Hints that go by in the loading screens
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2011, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
This one only works if you are in the correct sector. If you are in Serius, and your system is in Regulus, it won't show on your list till you move into Regulus.
Lt. Commander
# 8 i always say
03-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Always say, visit stowiki.org. This website Has everything you would ever need. you just have to know its out there. And I mean it has EVERYTHING. it may be a little slow on the new content but new players are usually doing the new content, and by they time they are the info is up.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
This one only works if you are in the correct sector. If you are in Serius, and your system is in Regulus, it won't show on your list till you move into Regulus.
Yes, it only shows the list of the Sector Block one is currently in.