Lt. Commander
# 11
03-10-2011, 05:40 AM
i am getting the impression that many things are interconnected here.
The iconians, preservers, and wormhole aliens are all old races.
It wouldn't be hard to beleive that they all met at one point (and they are all in STO) and that at some point cryptic will connect the dots.

Anyone here play Masters of Orion? Well, the history goes, the orions and this big bad race fought many thousands of years ago. The bad guys lost and the orions created this jail in another dimension with one solar system to house them.
The orions became extinct but throughout time, the big bad guys kept on finding ways to get out of this jail, one fleet at a time, to influence the real glalaxies affairs.
Just saying.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-10-2011, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasensal
Same here. I think the Fek'Ihri are the Hurq, or at least serve the Hurq. The Fek'Ihri were also real beings that we fought and killed, not holograms. I assumed that they are from another dimension, some kind of subspace layer like the aliens from "Schisms". My guess is that Gre'thor is that subspace dimension and that the Fek'Ihri somehow sap the neural patterns and energy, the "souls" of the dishonored Klingons. There may be something about an honorable Klingon that keeps the Fek'ihri from taking them.
i watched schisms the other day and i think those aliens would make a decent featured series out of.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-10-2011, 05:56 AM
From my research on the H'urq for a foundry mission design I do not see the Fekiri being affiliated with them.
All my searchings have shown the H'urg to be an advanced Insect race of conquering Nomads, moving form quadrant to quadrant pillaging worlds for the resources and moving on the the next.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
first we are assuming they went to gre'thor and not just some place with a big upside down klingon symbol. at the very end of the mission you go back to borath i believe and there is a large room with the symbol in.
Hm, I don't remember that room, I guess I have to replay that mission. I thought it was the gate where the Barge of the Dead lands. Still, the big upside down Klingon symbol is the sign of the Fek'lhr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
From my research on the H'urq for a foundry mission design I do not see the Fekiri being affiliated with them.
All my searchings have shown the H'urg to be an advanced Insect race of conquering Nomads, moving form quadrant to quadrant pillaging worlds for the resources and moving on the the next.
That's non-canon. The only canon info we have is this: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Hur'q Cryptic can do whatever they want based on that. My pet theory was so far that the Hur'q and the Iconians are one and the same, and they created the Fek'lhr to further destabilize the Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-10-2011, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Hm, I don't remember that room, I guess I have to replay that mission. I thought it was the gate where the Barge of the Dead lands. Still, the big upside down Klingon symbol is the sign of the Fek'lhr.
there are several symbols in that mission. one at the gate and then once you fight molor, you return and then fight fek'lar (i think) big dude in a cave with kahless.

anyway my point is that having a giant symbol does not mean it has to be the actual gre'thor. if it is another reality/dimension the fek'ihri might have made a replica location somewhere in our reality.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-10-2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
That's non-canon. The only canon info we have is this: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Hur'q Cryptic can do whatever they want based on that. My pet theory was so far that the Hur'q and the Iconians are one and the same, and they created the Fek'lhr to further destabilize the Klingons.
I still find the concept of Canon to be flawed.
All the books , video games and liscensed product put forth in the name of Star Trek had to be approved by those whom own the Intellectual Property to Star Trek. Without such approval said products would not exist under the name Star Trek legally, hence canon is more than the TV shows and movies. To adhere to just one source as canon is to cut off a great deal of information for STO.

Also the Memory Alpha information of the H'urg gives two "soft canon" sources as part of its information base and as a whole MA says the same thing that memory beta says as well as other sources of Hurg information.
Thats not to say your theory is incorrect, just that the information availible does not support it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Did you read the missions you played?

http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_The_Gates_of_Gre%27thor
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-10-2011, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Did you read the missions you played?

http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_The_Gates_of_Gre%27thor
Err, yes. Why do you ask?
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Klingon story arc has some areas that have been set up to look like Gre'thor.

It is inhabited by the Fek'lhri race of demons.

The mission text also states that this is set up by another power in order to intimidate and confuse the KDF, sowing chaos. Analysis of the corpses shows evidence of genetic tampering technology from an extinct species being used to create them (the Hur'q).

It is unknown who engineered these beings, nor who created ships and reformed sections of planets. It is also unknown what the real purpose behind this is, though attempting to create fear in or otherwise messing with the Klingon people is extremely foolish.

Whoever did this will get a bat'leth up the rear soon.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-11-2011, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
Whoever did this will get a bat'leth up the rear soon.
So say we all.

Wait, wrong franchise.