Lt. Commander
Hello,

Over the course of a couple months, I've purchased a lifetime subscription and (almost) every single ship, costume, weapon or upgrade the C-Store has to offer.

I am writing to express my disappointment with several "major" items that I have purchased, and request improvements on the items or a refund (Insert thunderous laughter here). For reference, my account is: @Marcus_Jellico.

Please consider my grievances with the following items:

Item 1: Federation Bridge Pack: Defiant Variants (3)
(120 Atari Tokens)

I was modestly happy with this bridge pack initially, as my spending money on a Defiant bridge gave me 1 bridge out of the 3 purchased that was "cool". Unique. The other bridges were mere lighting adjustments to the Defiant bridge - hardly worth spending money on. Still, although not overjoyed, I did not feel ripped-off. Several weeks later, the one single bridge that I enjoyed was made available as a "free" bridge. That DID make me feel ripped off. I feel like I spent money on a bridge pack, and STO took the one good bridge out of it and made it free, so my net gain ended up being a couple of over-lighted crappy bridges.

Item 2: Klingon Empire Bridge Pack: Carrier (2)
(80 Atari Tokens)

This was horrible purchase right from the beginning. Both of these bridges are minor lighting adjustments of the "free" bridges. To add insult to injury, the "free" have more of a Klingon feel and look better. What a waste of money.

Item 3: (Multiple) Klingon Empire - Guramba Siege Destroyer
(2000 Atari Tokens), Vulcan D'Kyr Science Vessel and Vulcan Tal'Kyr Support Craft
(1,200 Atari Tokens) and Klingon Empire - Marauder Patrol Cruiser
(1200 Atari Tokens)

Probably the worst of my ship purchases. Guramba Siege Destroyer, Vulcan D'Kyr Science Vessel, Marauder Patrol Cruiser have -zero- customization options. No window changes, no hull material changes, no ability to modify nacelles, pylons or any other ship feature. Just take it or leave it. For the large amount of points being charged for these ships, I would have expected a much more developed ship and immersive experience.

I also want to express some disappointment with general game play as a Klingon character. It seems woefully undeveloped and almost scorned. Precious few costume choices. Zero character costume packs. One single ship costume. The Klingon side is even sparse on normal mission content. I played "Path of the warrior over and over just to level up. Looks like all the development is being done on the Federation side, and the Klingon side has been left behind -- Perhaps to be included as an afterthought on the weekly episode missions.

Lifetime Membership:
If I had it to do over, I wouldn't have purchased it. I was fine with the monthly subscription being automatically deducted from my card, and the perks of lifetime membership are almost laughable. The captains table - A yacht club of (mostly) wasted space with a bank, e-mail terminal, exchange and ship selector (NOT a shipyard) thrown in. A lifetime badge - So big and gaudy, only the bravest of Admirals will wear it. Title "Career Officer" - Who cares? ...... All this for the low, low price of $300.00. What a sham.

There's a lot that ST:O does right. But there's another side to that coin. Buyers beware.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-10-2011, 08:01 AM
You're in luck with the Klingon content! They have addressed in many ask cryptic editions that they are working to improve klingon content and we could see these changes take place around season 4!

Rome wasn't built in a day my friend

Cryptic has done their best and beyond to make this a good game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-10-2011, 08:38 AM
I cant speak to much of the KDF side items from the store but I have purchased everything they have released on the fed side and personally never regretted it for a second.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Quick update to my own post:
Yet another reason to NOT purchase a lifetime subscription: The Captains table no longer even has the value of being a unique benefit. It's now a 400 day award. I can't help but to feel somehow insulted. "Thanks for the $300.00, you dumb fool. Everyone else is getting access to the content for free." Nice way to treat the fans who show you an extra measure of support.

400 Days

* Valiant Accolade and Title.
* FREE Full Respec.
* FREE Access to The Captainís Table.
* FREE Vanity Ship Ė Captainís Yacht.
* A 5% Captain and Officer Skill Point Boost up to Lieutenant Commander 6.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2011, 01:04 AM
All the lifetimer 'fluff' stuff is just that, fluff.

The main reason you shell out 300 bucks for a lifetime subscription is if you intend to play the game for more than two years. If you do, you're saving yourself dollars.

That's the value of a lifetime subscription. It costs less in the long term.

Given the overall direction and progress this game is making, I think a lifetime subscription is quite worthwhile.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGloves

The main reason you shell out 300 bucks for a lifetime subscription is if you intend to play the game for more than two years. If you do, you're saving yourself dollars.

Given the overall direction and progress this game is making, I think a lifetime subscription is quite worthwhile.
Exactly.

/10 characters
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-11-2011, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGloves

This end of story.

I am a few months away from mine being cheaper than a monthly sub.

As for the C-store some of the bridge packs are a bit underwhelming agreed as for the ships at least some hull colour changes and paint jobs would be expected
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-11-2011, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus_Jellico
Quick update to my own post:
Yet another reason to NOT purchase a lifetime subscription: The Captains table no longer even has the value of being a unique benefit. It's now a 400 day award. I can't help but to feel somehow insulted. "Thanks for the $300.00, you dumb fool. Everyone else is getting access to the content for free." Nice way to treat the fans who show you an extra measure of support.

400 Days

* Valiant Accolade and Title.
* FREE Full Respec.
* FREE Access to The Captainís Table.
* FREE Vanity Ship Ė Captainís Yacht.
* A 5% Captain and Officer Skill Point Boost up to Lieutenant Commander 6.
You can honestly keep the captain's table. I never plan on going there. You should actually probably be happy that 400 day people can go there, at least now there is a better chance of someone being there.
Now, if they had given away say the liberated Borg charactor option....yeah, then you should be mad.