Lt. Commander
I have a character that is an admiral lower half 4, I'd like to know if there are any plans to offer senior ranking officers command of Starbases, outposts, or space stations? once a person reaches the rank of Captain it would be nice to have the option to command something other than a ship. Say an admiral took command of a space station they could still do missions, protect the base etc. Also, When will we be able to promote bridge officers to XO positions?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-10-2011, 10:12 AM
That's actually a very interesting idea, I don't think anyone has ever thought of that. There are no plans for such a thing. The closest to it would be Fleet Starbases, which as you might have guessed will be owned by fleets.

We will be able to promote bridge officers to Captains when the first office system is released. I believe its supposed to come during Season 4 or 5. Basically you can promote your BO to a Captain and he/she will become one of your playable characters. There is also talk of being able to control your own mini-fleet when the level cap is raised to Fleet Admiral.