Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solonite View Post
I am glad for this thread cause I only started yesterday..I have decided to. Break away from wow and to play this...I am curious about the vault as well I heard you get a shuttle slot sort a type 8 shuttle..so do we have to race through previous missions to get that reward by the 24th?
You have to complete the Romulan/Reman episode series which is 5 episodes before the 24th. The first one is the Vault episode. You MUST have a shuttle to do this mission. To start this mission, goto Starbase 39 in the Sierra system of Alpha Centauri sector (directly above Sol). Go to the admiral's office and talk to Admiral T'nae. Then, talk to the LtCmdr standing next to her desk. He will give you authorization for a shuttle craft. Then go to the shipyard section and get your shuttle. If you can afford it, I recommend getting the Runabout instead of the standard shuttle because it allows you to use a bridge officer. Another alternative is to buy a Delta Flyer from the C-store. It is better than either the shuttle or runabout, but of course you have to buy it with Atari tokens. Once you get your ship, replace the standard weapons with higher mark weapons if you have them. Then head on out to Psi Velorum sector for your mission.

The special reward for completing the series is a Reman bridge officer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefson
Do you still get rewards even if the time has passed, lesser powerfull rewards? Equipment etc?
Each episode comes with a unique reward for completion. If you complete all the episodes in the series before the 24th, you get an additional "bonus reward" of the Reman bridge officer. If you wait until after the 24th to complete the series, you do not get the Reman bridge officer, but you still get the other rewards.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-10-2011, 04:30 PM
One thing that seems to have been left out wrt the Featured Episodes:

Minimum level to start is Lt/6 ("Cloaked Intentions", Devidians) and Lt/10 (Breen).

So for a raw newb, some time spent leveling and learning the game is necessary before taking them on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Honestly, (if you like Star Trek) - STO is a game you shouldn't 'rush' as the leveling IS the game (compared to certain other MMOwhere most feel the game starts at Max level; and you start Raid-Grinding.) The Reman BO is nice, but it isn't unbalacing; and they also want to start doing 'rerun weekends' where they announce and allow you to run one of the previou FE series - and again get the extra series reward.

if you do get to level 6 - by all means head to the Deferi Sector Block and do the Breen FE - and when you get to Level 10 (or figher - do both the Davidian and the latest Romulan ones; but also take your time to learn and enjoy what the game has to offer (and while no one has mentioned it - Crafting is worthwile now, so be sure to scan and pick up 'Anomolies' where you can.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Honestly, (if you like Star Trek) - STO is a game you shouldn't 'rush' as the leveling IS the game (compared to certain other MMOwhere most feel the game starts at Max level; and you start Raid-Grinding.) The Reman BO is nice, but it isn't unbalacing; and they also want to start doing 'rerun weekends' where they announce and allow you to run one of the previou FE series - and again get the extra series reward.

if you do get to level 6 - by all means head to the Deferi Sector Block and do the Breen FE - and when you get to Level 10 (or figher - do both the Davidian and the latest Romulan ones; but also take your time to learn and enjoy what the game has to offer (and while no one has mentioned it - Crafting is worthwile now, so be sure to scan and pick up 'Anomolies' where you can.
It's reversed. Deferi is level 10. Devidian and Romulan series is level 6.

IMO, you are not really rushing if you get to level 6. Personally, I think it is worth it to do the latest series. It's better than the regular content anyway. If you only play about an hour a day, you will reach level 6 within a week easy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-11-2011, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
You have to complete the Romulan/Reman episode series ...

The special reward for completing the series is a Reman bridge officer.
Cool, I'll do that when I reach the appropriate level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Each episode comes with a unique reward for completion. If you complete all the episodes in the series before the 24th, you get an additional "bonus reward" of the Reman bridge officer. If you wait until after the 24th to complete the series, you do not get the Reman bridge officer, but you still get the other rewards.
Ok, what I needed to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym_Quirk
One thing that seems to have been left out wrt the Featured Episodes:

Minimum level to start is Lt/6 ("Cloaked Intentions", Devidians) and Lt/10 (Breen).

So for a raw newb, some time spent leveling and learning the game is necessary before taking them on.
So the content difficulty scales with your level? Every level character can start these episodes. Do the rewards scale with you then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Honestly, (if you like Star Trek) - STO is a game you shouldn't 'rush' as the leveling IS the game (compared to certain other MMOwhere most feel the game starts at Max level; and you start Raid-Grinding.) The Reman BO is nice, but it isn't unbalacing; and they also want to start doing 'rerun weekends' where they announce and allow you to run one of the previou FE series - and again get the extra series reward.

if you do get to level 6 - by all means head to the Deferi Sector Block and do the Breen FE - and when you get to Level 10 (or figher - do both the Davidian and the latest Romulan ones; but also take your time to learn and enjoy what the game has to offer (and while no one has mentioned it - Crafting is worthwile now, so be sure to scan and pick up 'Anomolies' where you can.
Good advice.
I have a lot of MMO's on my belt, but STO makes me feel like a complete newbie, and I like it :-)

I've spent a lot of time yesterday just flying around, exploring things. Looking at incredible cool stuff, scanning anomalies :-) I'm a science guy afterall

My first 'LOL cool moment' was the first mission you get from the admiral. When entering the system in question, the episode 'starts' and you get the title of the episode when you zone in, just like in ST:TNG ... pretty neat. And the away missions are cool as well.

Q: Are your bridge officers and away team members with you forever? Or can they die? So you have to replace them?

Q: What ship would you recommend for a solo newb science player? Escort ships sound cool to me.

Q: The skill tree ... damn it's huge ... any must have's?

Q: Any fleets out there that take fresh meat under there belt?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-11-2011, 01:36 AM
Quote:
So the content difficulty scales with your level? Every level character can start these episodes. Do the rewards scale with you then?
The Featured Episodes scale to your level, and all the rewards from those episodes scale with you with the exception of the most recent Romulan series. If you're going to do them early (which I recommend you do in order to get the Reman Sci Boff) the rewards you get will stay at the level you receive them at, so if you want higher level versions of those rewards you'll have to replay the episodes (which I'd also recommend, the Reman shields and Romulan disruptors are rather useful).

Quote:
Q: Are your bridge officers and away team members with you forever? Or can they die? So you have to replace them?
Your officers will stay with you as along as you want them, they can't get die. As you rank up you'll be offered newer officers with different abilities. You can also teach your current officers new abilities as you level up your skills. New potential officers can also teach abilities to current officers.

Quote:
Q: What ship would you recommend for a solo newb science player? Escort ships sound cool to me.
Usually I stick with matching officer type to ship type. Sci officer to sci ship, eng to cruiser, tac to escorts. they're usually better suited to the abilities to their officer type, but not everyone sticks with that, so feel free to ask around for suggestions on abilities to skill up if you really want to use an escort with your sci captain.

Quote:
Q: The skill tree ... damn it's huge ... any must have's?
Depends on the abilities you want to use.

Quote:
Q: Any fleets out there that take fresh meat under there belt?
The fleet I'm in, the United Federation of Planets {UFP} is always recruiting, but feel free to check out the Fleet Administrative Station part of the forums for more options if you'd like.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-11-2011, 04:31 AM
OK.
Just viewed all the different Federation ships on the site, and the science vessels look great as well, especially the Sol & Polaris.

I'll take a look at the recruitment forums as well

Chrz
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-11-2011, 03:35 PM
I just noticed that buying a new ship is expensive. At what level can you get out of the newbie ship?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-11-2011, 04:09 PM
You get a new ship at every new rank. So, when you hit LtCmdr, Commander, Captain, Rear adm, and Vice adm. Don't bother looking at the higher level ships even if you have the credits because you cannot fly them until you reach the required rank anyway.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:10 AM.