Lt. Commander
# 21
03-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks to all that has responded to this thread ....I have hit rank 6 and i just finished the vault..I was also advised to start series 3 first...I will be going back to series 1 and I can't do series 2 yet.

I am hoping I can return to series 1 and 2 without it being too easy
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-11-2011, 09:30 PM
if your finding the game too easy, there is a difficulty slider in options
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-12-2011, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
You get a new ship at every new rank. So, when you hit LtCmdr, Commander, Captain, Rear adm, and Vice adm. Don't bother looking at the higher level ships even if you have the credits because you cannot fly them until you reach the required rank anyway.
Great, thanks.
Are the Sol and Polaris decent ships to fly solo missions?

Also, yesterday I did a lvl 4 mission, can't remember the name, that was about Klingons attacking a deepspace station, and I was to head over there and aid in the defence. Upon zoning I noticed a lot of Klingon baddies.

Are these missions intended to be played solo? Because they pretty much all jump on you when you get in range
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-12-2011, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefson
Great, thanks.
Are the Sol and Polaris decent ships to fly solo missions?

Also, yesterday I did a lvl 4 mission, can't remember the name, that was about Klingons attacking a deepspace station, and I was to head over there and aid in the defence. Upon zoning I noticed a lot of Klingon baddies.

Are these missions intended to be played solo? Because they pretty much all jump on you when you get in range
The sol and polaris ships are "Recon science vessels". They are the same ship, but with different skins. They are fairly popular among sci captains. Personally, I like the Intrepid refit. This link gives you more detail on all the Fed ships. Bookmark it.

http://www.spidermitch.com/STO/Spide...DShipChart.jpg

The mission you are describing is Starbase 24. It is what is known as a "fleet action". It is designed for multiple players to complete. If you are having trouble, team up with some other people. Or, wait until you are slightly higher level (like level 8). These missions are level banded, meaning everyone in the instance is the same rank. If you level up to 11 (Lt Cmdr), the mission will scale up for ltcmdr captains.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-12-2011, 03:52 AM
Great link, thanks!!

A long way to go to get a recon vessel :/
So there are no free upgrade ships you get when obtaining a new rank?

Upon reaching Lt.comm., do you recommend upgrading to the appropriate science vessel? Or should I go with a cruiser (as a science officer)?

Also, is there anything special you have to do/can do to earn energy credits? I pretty much sell most stuff (that I don't need ofc)I to the Ferengi vendor on the earth spacedock.

The exchange terminal at the spacedock, does it function as a player auctionhouse?

What are those VA badges referred to at the top of that chart? Do you get those from doing missions at maxed level?

So many questions
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
if your finding the game too easy, there is a difficulty slider in options
No what I meant was does the series scale with you as you level....say for example I finish series 3 and I am lv12 if I go back to series which is meant for a lv6 will I find it too easy or will it scale with me?

Also the business of getting series 3 done by 24th for limited rewards does that mean a new series is about to start?

Another question has the foundry started cause i can see a community authored mission...something about q
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-12-2011, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solonite View Post
No what I meant was does the series scale with you as you level....say for example I finish series 3 and I am lv12 if I go back to series which is meant for a lv6 will I find it too easy or will it scale with me?

Also the business of getting series 3 done by 24th for limited rewards does that mean a new series is about to start?

Another question has the foundry started cause i can see a community authored mission...something about q
yes the featured episodes scale with your level
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Apparantly you do get a free ship on every new rank, so that's good news! (slow day at work, makes for fun internet exploring :p)
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-12-2011, 09:40 AM
yes you get a free ship with each rank (the tier for your rank). You also get a free respec token per rank
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Great as well, cause I believe it will come in handy. So many skills to choose from...