Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
The MVAM on the new Prometheus, when triggered, immediately begins cooling down. 10 minutes on the utilized section, and 5 on the other two. The countdown starts from the ability being triggered. Essentially if you stay separated 5 minutes you can immediately re-separate using another section after joining, or if you stay separated for 10 minutes you can immediately re-separate even using the same section.

The Galaxy-R on the other hand doesn't have it's single cool down begin until after the ship has reunited. So if you separate the 4 minute cool down doesn't queue. You can stay separated for all 4 minutes, or longer, and even still when you reunite with the saucer section you will still always have 4 minutes of waiting.

So, the question becomes; Are they plans to update the Saucer Separation on the Galaxy so that it's cool down also begins upon activation as opposed to reunification?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
The MVAM on the new Prometheus, when triggered, immediately begins cooling down. 10 minutes on the utilized section, and 5 on the other two. The countdown starts from the ability being triggered. Essentially if you stay separated 5 minutes you can immediately re-separate using another section after joining, or if you stay separated for 10 minutes you can immediately re-separate even using the same section.

The Galaxy-R on the other hand doesn't have it's single cool down begin until after the ship has reunited. So if you separate the 4 minute cool down doesn't queue. You can stay separated for all 4 minutes, or longer, and even still when you reunite with the saucer section you will still always have 4 minutes of waiting.

So, the question becomes; Are they plans to update the Saucer Separation on the Galaxy so that it's cool down also begins upon activation as opposed to reunification?
sadly it does not, when you rejoin the cooldown on the section you used is set to 10min, my bet there is a small engine limitation behind this. But chaining to the same part won't work.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
sadly it does not, when you rejoin the cooldown on the section you used is set to 10min, my bet there is a small engine limitation behind this. But chaining to the same part won't work.
Hmm. That was not my experience on Tribble. Upon separation the countdowns would all begin and if they ran out while separated I was able to re-separate once I joined together again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Hmm. That was not my experience on Tribble. Upon separation the countdowns would all begin and if they ran out while separated I was able to re-separate once I joined together again.
with an other section to control yes, the section you just used jumps to a 10min CD, other sections are available if you waited 5min, MVAM or not.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:47 PM.