Lt. Commander
# 1 mvam not what i hoped it was
03-10-2011, 08:15 PM
mvam was not what i hoped it was gonna be, but... i still like it...

what i was hoping for was instead of having another form of combat pet (like the sacer sep, or holo ships or whatever else) that it was going to be manuevers that did a devastating attack (like in the show).. basically youd seperate, all three would swarm the target, concentrate fire with three beam overloads, and do a good amt of dps.. (i felt that this would reflect the onscreen use of mvam the best and introduce a new mechanic...

i was disapointed at first as it just creates combat pets and i was like, oh here comes the soucer sep again lol... however i find that whatever two parts that are npc seem to be a little more ressiliant... also, i was sufficiently suprised at how much cryptics version of the mvam felt like the onscreen mvam... it is efficient at swarming, and coordinating (to a degree lol)...

all in all, id say good job (i know, im not usually one to pat cryptic on the back, but i give credit where it is due lol)...

how did everyone else like it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Considering that the pets DO use Cannon-rapid fire, scatter volley, beam overload, and FAW, it does pretty much what you wanted... just over a longer period of time.

And never underestimate the usefulness of pets to take the focus off of you

They definitely didn't cut corners on the power, thats for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
And never underestimate the usefulness of pets to take the focus off of you
I dont think anybody has underestimated the usefulness of pets.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putnam
mvam was not what i hoped it was gonna be, but... i still like it...

what i was hoping for was instead of having another form of combat pet (like the sacer sep, or holo ships or whatever else) that it was going to be manuevers that did a devastating attack (like in the show).. basically youd seperate, all three would swarm the target, concentrate fire with three beam overloads, and do a good amt of dps.. (i felt that this would reflect the onscreen use of mvam the best and introduce a new mechanic...

i was disapointed at first as it just creates combat pets and i was like, oh here comes the soucer sep again lol... however i find that whatever two parts that are npc seem to be a little more ressiliant... also, i was sufficiently suprised at how much cryptics version of the mvam felt like the onscreen mvam... it is efficient at swarming, and coordinating (to a degree lol)...

all in all, id say good job (i know, im not usually one to pat cryptic on the back, but i give credit where it is due lol)...

how did everyone else like it?
I agree with you, but I don't think the engine (or perhaps the programmers) could handle what you are describing.

Too complex.

Easier to just have a pet that shoots.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-10-2011, 10:20 PM
So what happens if the middle part of your ship is destroyed? How do you reassemble yourself?

This Multi Vector nonsense was yet another idiotic idea from the writers of Voyager. It saddens me to see it added to the game, though I suppose it was inevitable.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-10-2011, 10:27 PM
I found the mvam better than I expected,
I love my new ship.
The reman sci loves his new assignment.
I would make one change, not just to mvam but all space combat pets,
So galaxy saucer and photonics fleet, and fleet support.
If not in a team pets should team with you like away team does on
Ground would allow us easy target pets to apply heals,
Also let us mange it's targets, and abilitys.
I really love ship I can now tango with borg cube while flanked by 4 spheres(+4 stuff in kerrat)
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-10-2011, 10:30 PM
i love it, i cant seem to get off my tactical now
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-10-2011, 10:31 PM
So is the MVAM the Federations answer to the Klink carrier?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpVis View Post
So is the MVAM the Federations answer to the Klink carrier?
Kerrat was fun today 4 mvam's in Mva mode swarming klin carrier.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-10-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm not trying to troll, but do we really need to whine about every little thing that comes out? This was on Tribble for a while now-- there were even videos showing how it worked. Why is this a shock now???

MVAM is not really that dumb of an idea. If Star Trek were real, why wouldn't you want a ship that could split into multiple parts and attack at different angles and attack different system rather than have just one easy target? The Galaxy had saucer separation which, by this logic, would have to equally idiodic especially since nearly every time the saucer separated in TNG, something awful happened (Generations, anyone?). And duh, if the middle part is destroyed, it doesn't reintegrate. There are crew in those sections that split off-- it only makes sense that it has "battle bridges"

But of course, it's "cool" to knock the writers of Voyager, one of, if not the highest rated incarnations of Star Trek. I'm in a bad mood, so I hope this isn't received the wrong way, but seriously guys.