Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
Ok this is really a no brainer. I don't see why there's no option to purchase 1200 tokens. Instead we have to pick between 1000 and 1500 tokens.

In my case, I was fine because I already had 400 tokens sitting in the bank and adding another 1000 to buy the MVAM was acceptable. But what about if I had 0 tokens and I had to buy 1500 tokens to buy a 1200 token ship? Abit much right?

Either price ships at 1000 tokens or put in the option to purchase 1200 tokens please.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-10-2011, 10:30 PM
One of my biggest pet peeves, this one. But I doubt the options will change, since the entire lineup of C-Store items are priced in this under-handed fashion.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2011, 02:13 AM
One of the reasons why I am refusing to buy the MVAM Prometheus is because of this. Price the ships accordingly (Lower them to 1000 tokens) or add an option for 1200 token sales.

I like many people have all the ship skins, almost all of the uniforms, all the extra ships like the Nebula, D'kyrr and Galaxy X, and this one change you have made to the C-store has put me off further ship purchases until your marketing in the most polite terms "pull their heads out".

You already alienated a section of the playerbase by adding the C-store and so many items to it, do you truely want to alienate the section that willingly uses it too?

(And don't bring up that "emblems ingame" rubbish, I don't have the time to sit down all day and farm 500 emblems for each and every ship I want as I have a thing called a job (plus 500 emblems is a joke, people would be more inclined to C-store it).
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2011, 04:30 AM
Agreed, a token/point-purchase system will always be sneaky, underhanded and dishonorable, but it will never change. However, I don't think I can completely blame Cryptic for this, I sense the cold, soulless hand of Atari at work here.

Why do it in the first place?

1) It hides the true cost of the item. They assume people will be more inclined to purchase something that's labeled at 1200 points, as opposed to $15. This is not completely untrue.

2) By restricting you to buying "blocks" of points, then pricing things so they never "add up neatly", they force you to spend more money than necessary. And because there will always be points left over, you'll either spend it on an item you'd wouldn't have bothered to before, or just let them sit there as waste. And they can do this legally, because it's not the items we're buying, it's the points. It's effectively theft.

If they switched to the 1 on 1 system that Steam and PSN use ($1=$1), and dropped the price of items by 50% across the board, I'd bet more people would be open to purchasing items, and they'd make twice the money that they will doing it now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2011, 07:43 AM
They do this intentionally to get more money out of you, it's a cheap business practice that doesnt reflect well on atari or cryptic at all.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telbasta
They do this intentionally to get more money out of you, it's a cheap business practice that doesnt reflect well on atari or cryptic at all.
I agree. The option needs to exist for people to buy what Tokens they need/want, not more.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
I agree. The option needs to exist for people to buy what Tokens they need/want, not more.
Truly Agree ++

But the reality is that Atari is making money out of us by forcing us to buy more Tokens than what we need for what we truly want

As long as they are making money, the system will not change.

What we could try to do is show them somehow that more people would buy c-store stuff if they just pay for what they wanted.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
/signed.

I also wish that as we purchased more tokens, there should a bulk rate increase. $6.25 for 500 tokens, that's 80T/$. How about $25.00 gets us 2125 tokens (85T/$), and $62.50 should get us 5625 (90T/$). I want to support the game/store, so I wouldn't expect a huge discount, but a small "thank you for the investment" bonus, would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-11-2011, 04:59 PM
There's always a way...

http://www.testdriveunlimited2.com/ataritokens

Available in blocks of 400 points, which can most likely be purchased 3 times to make up the 1200.

Of course, this is assuming that "Universally accepted across all Atari games." means what they say it does.

You could always try getting some Virtual Token Cards from TDU and redeem them in STO to make sure they get credited to the right game.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Or just let us buy the ships and charge us the exact amount instead of us buying in bulk atari points

EDIT> The TDU2 atari token page does work for purchasing atari points as when I logged in it showed my current amount of atari points

You can also buy them right from here on the atari website as well

http://www.atari.com/ataritokens