Lt. Commander
# 11
03-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptWarpass View Post
Make a petition for test flights. Try a ship for a couple missions and see if its any good.
That would hint at in-game content.

Far better to do the same existing content over and over to grind the emblems for a new ship, then try out on Tribble.

Apparently.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-15-2011, 06:30 AM
Ultimately, whether you use Tribble or Holodeck. I don't think you can really accurately test a ship in a short time frame. Especially not if you're interested in PvP.

I rememer that dstahl said something about wanting allow to "try out" ships or similar things. That's probably still far off, and there is no guarantee it would apply to C-Store ships, but that might help somewhat.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-15-2011, 07:02 AM
Destinii. Your Avatar is hot!
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Ultimately, whether you use Tribble or Holodeck. I don't think you can really accurately test a ship in a short time frame. Especially not if you're interested in PvP.

I rememer that dstahl said something about wanting allow to "try out" ships or similar things. That's probably still far off, and there is no guarantee it would apply to C-Store ships, but that might help somewhat.
Maybe if they added the new gameplay features (MVAM, saucer separation, whatever) to lower-tier ships that didn't require such a significant investment? So you can have the 'budget' version at T3 or T4, but the endgame version means you have to invest either the emblems or the $s?

Alternately, having a small subsection of the game (remember: game = live servers, not test servers) where you can build and fly around in any ship you want - regardless of rank, purchases, etc. Possibly even a PvP arena?

If the 'extra features' were just fluff, I wouldn't be bothered. However, the developers themselves recognize their in-game value is the same as that of a console. That's not insignificant, and at present the cost of taking a look is very discouraging for the average gamer. The end result? Someone spends money on a C-store ship, realizes 'this sucks' and is put off purchasing any further C-store ships because they got burned once by the merchant.