Lt. Commander
Are the teams I'm running with doing something wrong? Really -- during Infected Deeper into the Mystery when you have to shut down the consoles and upload the virus -- even when we get all four corners uploaded with the virus before the first timer is done, the shield around the generator in the center never drops.

I see the consoles seem to be taking damage at about 30 points per timer cycle when each console has over 2000 hitpoints. Please tell me there's a trick that's being missed. Do engineers do more damage to each console? Did we just not hit all four consoles quick enough to drop the generator shield?

Don't tell me the two hours of the STF actually is shaving 30 hitpoints off four consoles for two hours to get your ass kicked by a borg and do it over again.

The instance is not hard -- Hoth in SWG is challenging and hard (but fun) -- I know their are people that are going to say "you just can't do it pug" (whatever the hell a pug is). This is just extremely repetitive and truly a waste of a lot of time. I could do it if I wanted to burn three some hours -- but, it's like trying to be proud of playing with a chinese finger trap for three hours and convincing everyone that you could do it. Who can't, there's no challenge -- it's the time. And if what I'm seeing is the case -- please STO do something about this STF's console damage ratio.

Please know I'm not b*tching -- the problem with trying to ask for help in text is it's read in the emotion of what ever the reader has in their head (know I'm trying to explain some deep criticism calmly) and hope it's understood.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Our fleet has seen this a few times. Was more than 1 person uploading the virus in each corner?

If yes, try it again and make sure only 1 person is doing the virus uploads in the corners.

Alternatively, you can also try taking a plasma bath and waiting a few minutes for the room to reset completely.

Good luck to you!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2011, 08:56 AM
I feel your pain. I've only tried an odd STF once or twice. They're probably the worst implementation of "end game" content I've ever had the displeasure of wasting time on.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Wow STF missions are really good idea for end game. They are just a little harder. Infected is really not so hard,
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincire View Post
I feel your pain. I've only tried an odd STF once or twice. They're probably the worst implementation of "end game" content I've ever had the displeasure of wasting time on.
How is that helping the OP with their question?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
Our fleet has seen this a few times. Was more than 1 person uploading the virus in each corner?

If yes, try it again and make sure only 1 person is doing the virus uploads in the corners.

Alternatively, you can also try taking a plasma bath and waiting a few minutes for the room to reset completely.

Good luck to you!
Yes there was -- if I find another team willing to work with each other I'll see if that doesn't help. I admire their devotion but we spent almost three hours and got 1 console to half power and 3 with 75% health still left. I knew something had to be going wrong there. We were all from different fleets playing it the first time and coordinating very well. And extremely patient. But I googled and tried to find out what was wrong and I don't think there's a guide that mentioned that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-11-2011, 09:28 AM
i have found that if people leave the corner generators whilst the scanner dude is scanning it will bug out. im not helping by badmouthin you liek this am i?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-11-2011, 09:29 AM
ive seen this in the stf too, we got around it by going around and around until it clicked, it seemed like the timer wasnt showing right so it looked like it was going when it actually was down. so if no fix comes just try doing that.

btw dont know if this matters anything but one the 2 times around it didnt go down someone died in the goo on the third when it worked no one died and it dropped.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-11-2011, 09:34 AM
I can provide some contructive feedback. Don't take this as teasing criticism.

If Infected is taking you 3 hours or longer, you're not doing something right. If you're worried about the time it takes to complete the mission, there are ways to do this mission in maybe an hour (if you're good), or hour and a half (if you're fairly okay).

The mission can be done just bulldozing your way through every enemy, but this takes a long time.

The trick is only fighting one mob at a time. Each of the rooms near the beginning typically have about 3 mobs, on average. 1 mob connected to 1 node, 1 mob connected to another node, and 1 mob just walking around.

The trick is only shooting at one mob/node at a time. Inexperienced teams will rush the room, blow up both nodes and start firing at everyone. this aggro's 20 borg instead of maybe 6 or 7. Then die, respawn, die respawn, until they're all dead. Then repeat for the next room.

To decrease this time, use the following strategy.

- decide which node you're going to blow up. Shoot at only one. Blow it up and back up into the previous hallway. Let the irritated borg come to you. Put up some engineering bubble shields or whatever and take them out. Proceed back into the room, kill the other node. Back up and repeat.

Don't fire into a room blindly. And if there's a wandering patrol walking around...shoot it once, and back up. Let them come to you in the previous room and ambush them.

Do this methodically and you can get all the way to the end room with little to no deaths.

As for your troubles with the final room, I can't say. All it should take is clearing one platform, upload the virus. Jump to the next platform, clear it, upload the virus.

After the fourth one, the middle goes down. Destroy it. Now, I used to think the boss fight was impossible but someone showed me an awesome strategy that you can use to kill her in one try.

Opposite of the doorway that you came in through is a platform with 4 borg alcove things. Once you destroy the middle generator, the whole team needs to jump over to that platform, and each member hides in one of the alcoves (as if they were a regenerating borg). The fifth person can line up, too, on one of the ends. He won't be in an alcove, but he'll still be shielded.

Everyone just open fire on the queen, heal yourself as you need it, and it's simple. Her AOE super blue lazer will only hit one of you, instead of the whole team (as long as you're in the alcove), and you'll be fine. Just DO NOT spawn any security teams.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangover_Boy
If Infected is taking you 3 hours or longer, you're not doing something right.... The trick is only fighting one mob at a time. Each of the rooms near the beginning typically have about 3 mobs, on average. 1 mob connected to 1 node, 1 mob connected to another node, and 1 mob just walking around.
This is good advice for the ground portion of "Infected", I would just point out that the initial space portion may take a long time for those inexperienced with the encounter as well. Some people believe the ground portion is what is taking the longest when it can be the space portion that is causing the lengthy times.

I have seen my fair share of people who never grouped up and focused fire on the gate and trudged their way through wave after wave after wave of Borg ships coming through the gate. That can take a good amount of time if you do not have the right skills or understand the encounter.