Lt. Commander
# 1 Nebula Vs. Excelsior
03-11-2011, 11:29 AM
So I am thinking about geting a Nebula or Excelsior (rear admiral version) but I can't decide on which one to get. Can someone tell me what works the best?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Depends on what you want. If you identify yourself as "DPS Cruiser" Captain, pick Excelsior. If you identify yourself as a Healer/CrowdControl Captain, pick Nebula. The Nebula is a Science Ship, but I've seen a lot of people say it's best for an Engineer to fly. (In the end, it all depends on what you specifically build the ship for IMO...)
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Well I am a enginer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2011, 11:36 AM
From what I know the Excelsior sounds good but I don't want to be another person flying a OUTDATED ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2011, 11:46 AM
hahaha excelsior wins hands down. the ship fires more and can run cirles around the nebula. nebula is nice but doesnt pack enough punch to take on the excelsior.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Jacobson00
From what I know the Excelsior sounds good but I don't want to be another person flying a OUTDATED ship.
Nothing outdated about the Excelsior - especially if you use the 'Enterprise B/Lakota' variant parts and the glowing TNG-style nacelles.

If you watch DS9's 'Paradise Lost', you'll see the (fully-upgraded) USS Lakota give the Defiant a hammering.

As someone who's used them both, it's mainly down to the following?

- Which special abilities do you prefer - anti-stealth countermeasures, or extra transwarp options?

- Which consoles/BOff abilities do yo use more - Science or Engineering?

If in both cases, it's the former, go for the Nebula; if they're the latter, go for the Excelsior.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
hahaha excelsior wins hands down. the ship fires more and can run cirles around the nebula. nebula is nice but doesnt pack enough punch to take on the excelsior.
Ya thats what I was woried about, but again the Excelsior is a 23rd centry or so ship. Hmmm so then why can it take on a Neb.? Well I would like it if thay came out with a good 25th centry coustom for it. Kinda like the idea of the teir 5 TOS constatoton...
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Shepherd
Nothing outdated about the Excelsior - especially if you use the 'Enterprise B/Lakota' variant parts and the glowing TNG-style nacelles.

If you watch DS9's 'Paradise Lost', you'll see the (fully-upgraded) USS Lakota give the Defiant a hammering.

As someone who's used them both, it's mainly down to the following?

- Which special abilities do you prefer - anti-stealth countermeasures, or extra transwarp options?

- Which consoles/BOff abilities do yo use more - Science or Engineering?

If in both cases, it's the former, go for the Nebula; if they're the latter, go for the Excelsior.
Hmm will have to look at the customazation optons for it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-11-2011, 12:01 PM
So I guess the Excelsior looks pretty good with some customazation and maybe some aegis but sorry I will put 2 more factores in. 1. Don't exactly like useing "war ships" as a fed (hay how good would it be for fist contacts hmm fist contact on a battle ship or some thing but well...) 2. IS IT BETTER THEN A STAR CRUSSER?!
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
Really? How runs a ship with a turn rate of 8 (Excelsior) circles around a ship with turn rate 9 (Nebula)? Both have the same impulse modifier.

Well the Nebula is a Science Vessel / Cruiser, so you will only have 3 for and aft weapons. Looking at raw firepower the excelsior will win. But the Nebula has a lot more options for customization with its universal Lieutenant slot. Put a 2. tactical officer in and you have more tactical options than the Excelsior with its Lt. Com. slot, just saying...