Lt. Commander
I have heard many times recently & during this past 2 months , that disruptor proc affects shield resistance besides the hull.
I don't think that is the case , in fact i could say im almost 100% it only affects hull resistance,i just leave a window open in case im wrong.

I have posted a few times whenever i encountered a statement like this , but i didn't got any reply , it is like some players want to believe that disruptor proc affects shield resistance as well.
From my experience since headstart and from opinions i have asked from other veterans im sure that disruptor proc affects only hull resistance , not shield.
I wouldn't mind at all if i was wrong , so that i can change to disruptors , though i seriously doubt it this is the case.

Please post here what you believe about the disruptor proc , especially the veteran players.
Does ir affect or not shield resistance as well?

Thank you all in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2011, 06:07 AM
I <i>think</i> it only affects hull, but I'm also pretty sure that it was mentioned somewhere, that all damage resistance buffs and debuffs affect only hull, except when it's mentioned that it affects shields too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2011, 11:17 AM
That is exactly my understanding as well , it is just that i am hearing the opposite quite often lately , thus my small percentage of doubt.

Thanks for your input
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2011, 11:34 AM
CptLee39 is correct.

Anything that references "Damage Resistance" (whether that is "resistance" to a certain type of damage, or All Damage Resistance - Like that granted by Polarize Hull, Hazard Emitters, etc. ) is strictly in reference to damage that is dealt to a starship's Hull. Conversely, any abilities that de-buff "Damage Resistance" (for example, Sensor Scan, Fire on My Mark, Attack Pattern Beta/Delta, etc.) also only apply to damage that is dealt to a target's Hull.

Typically, they can be referred to as: Hull Damage Resistance [HDR] or simply 'Damage Resistance' [DR]

For shields, on the other hand, there is an entirely separate calculation that takes place for incoming damage, separate from the calculation for Hull damage and bleedthrough. Powers that de-buff 'damage resistance' will have no effect on a target's current shield 'damage reduction'.

Thus, to prevent confusion (despite some 'cryptic' Cryptic terminology that uses the same terms, at times, and much to the confusion of many players), shield resistances are typically referred to as: Shield Damage Reduction [SDR].

There is some great information in this thread that might also help.

-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
CptLee39 is correct.

Anything that references "Damage Resistance" (whether that is "resistance" to a certain type of damage, or All Damage Resistance - Like that granted by Polarize Hull, Hazard Emitters, etc. ) is strictly in reference to damage that is dealt to a starship's Hull. Conversely, any abilities that de-buff "Damage Resistance" (for example, Sensor Scan, Fire on My Mark, Attack Pattern Beta/Delta, etc.) also only apply to damage that is dealt to a target's Hull.

Typically, they can be referred to as: Hull Damage Resistance [HDR] or simply 'Damage Resistance' [DR]

For shields, on the other hand, there is an entirely separate calculation that takes place for incoming damage, separate from the calculation for Hull damage and bleedthrough. Powers that de-buff 'damage resistance' will have no effect on a target's current shield 'damage reduction'.

Thus, to prevent confusion (despite some 'cryptic' Cryptic terminology that uses the same terms, at times, and much to the confusion of many players), shield resistances are typically referred to as: Shield Damage Reduction [SDR].

There is some great information in this thread that might also help.

-Big Red
Thank you Big Red , this pretty much confirms my initial understanding of the disruptor proc & the "All damage resistance" term in general.