Lt. Commander
# 11
03-11-2011, 02:28 PM
After the whole "I spent six years in SWG" Debacle, I doubt I'll ever touch another MMO with the label "Star Wars".

Thanks anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Sigh....

They have been stuck in a "All this has happened before..." time loop for the last millennium...

I honestly think a sociologist could write a paper on cultural stagnation as represented in fiction - I mean, come on! Thousands of years of civilization and we're using the same blasters, same lightsabers, same costumes, same ships, same hyperdrive.

Only thing I can think of that has more expanse of time with no advancement in civilization is Tolkien (ever see how long those "ages" last?) - and at least he had the magical rings to excuse that...

...oh wait... the Force IS magic - silly me.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
The space combat hasn't really changed all that much from previous Knights of the old Republic games, except that it's on rails now
Unfortunately, this is the trend with Bioware's recent release DA2: reducing player freedom for narrow corridors.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Unfortunately, this is the trend with Bioware's recent release DA2: reducing player freedom for narrow corridors.
Still, the story will compensate for that
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaqua
Sigh....

They have been stuck in a "All this has happened before..." time loop for the last millennium...

I honestly think a sociologist could write a paper on cultural stagnation as represented in fiction - I mean, come on! Thousands of years of civilization and we're using the same blasters, same lightsabers, same costumes, same ships, same hyperdrive.

Only thing I can think of that has more expanse of time with no advancement in civilization is Tolkien (ever see how long those "ages" last?) - and at least he had the magical rings to excuse that...
And wrote timeless classics that he had the good graces not to mercilessly murder for the sake of more money. Even the recently found and published Sons of Huron was good. Unlike certain unnamed prequel trilogies. Though I liked the fights in the third one of those unnamed movies.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
Still, the story will compensate for that
Story?
Well, no doubt it will be the same old, same old. Hero's journey, blah, blah...

However, there will be enough time wasted in running through all the possible dialog options to give the illusion of "content" for AT LEAST a good month.

...that is if you consider cut-scenes "content".
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by President_Shinzon View Post
And wrote timeless classics that he had the good graces not to mercilessly murder for the sake of more money.
Amen, brother Shinzon!
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Story?
Well, no doubt it will be the same old, same old. Hero's journey, blah, blah...

However, there will be enough time wasted in running through all the possible dialog options to give the illusion of "content" for AT LEAST a good month.

...that is if you consider cut-scenes "content".
Plenty more story content than that, what about the return of the Sith Empire and the Sith Emperor. The origin of the Jedi on Tython, the fate of Revan. Plenty of story content
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-11-2011, 03:05 PM
No offense intended, Tricksterbro. Maybe it's just me, but I don't consider cut-scenes to be "content". I'm completely unimpressed.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but I don't consider cut-scenes to be "content".
OK, they're not to everyones taste.

To me though they're the best part of all games when they're executed properly like in Mass Effect II, to go through a game without cutscenes, to me at least, spells instant boredom